Hi thanks for letting me join your group. A retired automotive engineer of 22 years, Ford and Toyota

-

mike67tx

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 67 Baracudda formula s 2 door fast back. My reverse lights don’t work ,I,ve scanned some posts but is the bulb serviceable? I removed the light assembly but woory I’ll Crack the lenses if I try and separate? Appreciate your input

IIRC bulb comes out from the back.
If you discover bulb is not burned out, it could be a grounding issue. Their is a little nub on the housing that supposed to dig through the paint into the sheetmetal.
If all this seems kosher, it`s most likely the switch on the trans. If 4 spd? the aftermarket is garbage from new.
I don`t know the quality of the auto switches.
Worse comes to worse their`s always a toggle switch route.

Welcome Mike. :welcome: Please tell us that you weren't in the Ford exhaust manifold or 5.4 spark plug teams! DAMHIK!!!

Last edited:
Thanks I’ll check the ground. No nor power train mainly HVAC, which from FORD is nothing to brag about

IMG_8185.jpeg

Welcome to our little community of a-body madman!!!

Like @mopar head said, you should be able to remove the light socket from inside the trunk. Then push and turn the bulb to remove it.

Welcome to the site! It'll be nice to have someone from the industry who can vouch that this or that stupid design was because management has to save a few bucks, not because the engineers are stupid.

A Body Mopars are the most fun to work on and drive on a dollar to smile basis. Enjoy!

-
Back