High School Drag Racing Dilemma

-

mikedevore

Reaction score
Well guys, I earlier posted about my son winning. Through out this series he has either led or been in second place. Last night he won again, and is now tied for first! Heres my dilemma, the last points race is next friday. He graduates next Friday. He suggested missing graduation ( I DON'T THINK SO SCOOTER! ) His mom would kill us both. She did suggest showing up to get a tech card, thats 25 points, & then getting back for graduation. Well i just thought i'd like to hear your opinions. Maybe it will rain. HA HA!

If i was tied for first? Damn skippy i would be there over graduation if thats what it took. Now i went to three high schools myself so i didnt give a care about 'walking' i just wanted the diploma. GO RACIN! :thumblef: :burnout:

You better take him to graduation. Thats very important. He can go racing
the rest of his life. Even if he comes in 2nd or 3rd in points is still great at his
age.

What kind of an organization would present a kid with this kind of schedule conflict. Where's their brain . Sounds like this is NOT a high school function. I'd be givin someone a piece of my mind no matter how small it is. The boy needs to be at his graduation BUT i do dig racin.

i know what i would have done, but i also know now some stuff i wish i had known before leaving school without good grades...

Well I would go to Graduation for a few reasons! First and most all it will keep the Wife from KILLING you both,and in that case you will never get to race again! LOL

Second: You only Graduate from High School once!

Third: By going to Graduation the Wife will let you both live to race again!

Fourth: You will be glad you chose Graduation in the years to come!

Just my opinion,but that is what I would do.

Bobby

Bleh... let 'em mail ya his diploma... I sat through my graduation in the pouring rain, OUTSIDE!! :cussing:

Go racin'... he already did his time to earn it. Graduating is more then just sitting there listening to people blab away and walking across a stage... :angry7:

I would be concerned about the time frame here,and what ai could get away with,without getting my *** kicked by the wife.now if the grad is at night and can be even delayed a bit,you could race and drive to the grad with the race car in tow and then party.I would race,do my time trails and do a round and then claim,lack of oil pressure and high tail it out of there driving back in the grad monkey suit.Or save time and race with the monkey suit on!So what is the time frame here.Does the father of your sons girl freind mind being picked up in a race car? Thought i would ask,Mrmopartech

Mrmopartech said:
I would be concerned about the time frame here,and what ai could get away with,without getting my *** kicked by the wife.now if the grad is at night and can be even delayed a bit,you could race and drive to the grad with the race car in tow and then party.I would race,do my time trails and do a round and then claim,lack of oil pressure and high tail it out of there driving back in the grad monkey suit.Or save time and race with the monkey suit on!So what is the time frame here.Does the father of your sons girl freind mind being picked up in a race car? Thought i would ask,Mrmopartech

That sounds like a plan to me. And he'd already have the cologne of burnt rubber.

Graduation, BUT also bring up the scheduling conflict with the racing authorities. They should be aware of it, but a lot of people have their blinders on.

graduation is at 8:00pm, first round of eliminations are at 8:00pm. the boy will be at his graduation, he will go & tech in & make a couple of time trials to get his 25 points. thanks guys!

-
Back