History of my Plymouth Valiant ownership

-

crickhollow

Reaction score
I am after some information/advice on tracking the ownership history of the Plymouth Valiant I imported from the USA to Australia in 2003.

I first saw the car for sale in Phoenix about 2001 but let it go as I thought it was the 2 door sedan; I was after the 2 door hardtop/coupe.

About 12 months later after leaving a message on a Forum I received an email offering for sale a 2 door hardtop/coupe - low and behold it was the same one I saw advertised in Phoenix!

I still have the Certificate of Title at the time of my purchase and I would like to know how I can research earlier ownership - first & subsequent owners, locations, etc.

I would like to email pictures of the restoration, and details of my travels to these people. Since the restoration I have driven the Valiant about 50,000 kms.

Great if you can help, I am happy to pay for any costs involved.

Thanks

Any pics of how the car looked when you last seen it?

Any pics of how the car looked when you last seen it?

That was quick!

Two pictures - first, the one I saw when it was advertised in Phoenix, and second, after my resto (about 10 years ago).
upload_2021-2-28_19-11-32.jpeg
upload_2021-2-28_19-11-58.jpeg

In California, these types of records are kept at the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) which is responsible for car registration. They are very uncooperative in sharing past records for research but quick to let you know if you owe them any money. I have done as you, unable to find a previous car. Try to go back to find the original owner yourself, where they lived, maybe info from the shipping company. I bought a cuda 30 years ago which contained an old registration card which contained their name and address. So I drove there to see- and yes, they still live there! That was just last year. Keep searching and post info here. Good luck.

-
Back