Hitch hikers guide to a FABO question post.

-

clementine

Flight risk
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have had an epiphany lately and for the sake of efficiency I’ll get right to it.

If you have a question for the FABO gurus, you will have a MUCH easier time if you connect your quandary to a picture.

Be it wiring or suspension questions, the kids on this forum like to see pictures of the problem.

I see folks spending 3-4 responses to a question just nailing down what the OP (original poster) is even talking about.

:thankyou::thumbsup:

So do your fellow FABO guru a favor and give the visual cues.

In this case, feel free to respond with the picture of your choice.

IMG_1117.jpeg

IMG_1118.jpeg

Screenshot_20240508-201955.png

I have had an epiphany lately and for the sake of efficiency I’ll get right to it.

If you have a question for the FABO gurus, you will have a MUCH easier time if you connect your quandary to a picture.

Be it wiring or suspension questions, the kids on this forum like to see pictures of the problem.

I see folks spending 3-4 responses to a question just nailing down what the OP (original poster) is even talking about.

:thankyou::thumbsup:

So do your fellow FABO guru a favor and give the visual cues.

In this case, feel free to respond with the picture of your choice.

View attachment 1716284084

View attachment 1716284085

View attachment 1716284086
did you have to move the springs in a full 3" for those tires? 295s?

:rofl: it's all been said before and yet they still have no clue..

Ya, all the way in. 325/50 and room for more.
damn man.. i have 10.5x30s and they look too small on my car :( couldn't bring myself to move the springs that far or cut up for minitubs :(

damn man.. i have 10.5x30s and they look too small on my car :( couldn't bring myself to move the springs that far or cut up for minitubs :(
I know it’s a lotta work. Especially on a Fastback. Rear seat. Sail panels…to name a few, but your post is not hitting home with no pictures :poke:

I know it’s a lotta work. Especially on a Fastback. Rear seat. Sail panels…to name a few, but your post is not hitting home with no pictures :poke:
My car is junk and doesn't deserve pics :) My main goal is once i get sick of the 4.57s and loud exhaust is to keep the car stock enough that i can make it a cruise with stock hubcaps and such :)

You wearing 10.5x30s on your 62? Did you move the rearend back? I've got 10.5x28s on mine, with room for 30s, but the rear is back an inch.
(Obligatory pic included).

20220801_095457.jpg

20220801_095232.jpg

Just make sure it is not a picture depicting the use of manifold vacuum, or a traction bar device! You dont want randos on the internet telling you how dumb you are!

Hey! A 1970 "bumpside" Ford! That's right up my alley!

View attachment 1716284124

I guess I, too, love junk!
See? I didn’t know they were called bumpside! With an accompanying picture, it’s all so clear!!

Mine is a “sport custom” forestry truck with a 429/C6 configuration. I didn’t know they could come that way. Special order?

It’s an F100, but has some big azz leaf springs….id post a picture….but.

Last edited:
See? I didn’t know they were called bumpside! With an accompanying picture, it’s all so clear!!

Mine is a “sport custom” forestry truck with a 429/C6 configuration. I didn’t know they could come that way. Special order?
Honestly I'm not a fan of the "bumpside" moniker, as I grew-up with these trucks, and to my ears it all just sounds so..."trendy". But the younger guys call them that, so....

Anyway, I'd love to see the door tag on your truck, as the 429 wasn't offered in the F series trucks in '70. "Special Order"? Possibly, and while I've seen some pretty rare ones recently online, my guess is that the 429 was swapped-in.

Feel free to shoot me a PM, as I'd love to decode that tag for you!

(Edit: Oops! Forgot to add a picture! Example of door tag below.)

248bd920_e177_407b_b0e3_4c93622ab02e_bcd0144076509ab5eb6ad0b9bac3a2bd37fe0ae1.jpeg

Honestly I'm not a fan of the "bumpside" moniker, as I grew-up with these trucks, and to my ears it all just sounds so..."trendy". But the younger guys call them that, so....

Anyway, I'd love to see the door tag on your truck, as the 429 wasn't offered in the F series trucks in '70. "Special Order"? Possibly, and while I've seen some pretty rare ones recently online, my guess is that the 429 was swapped-in.

Feel free to shoot me a PM, as I'd love to decode that tag for you!

(Edit: Oops! Forgot to add a picture! Example of door tag below.)

View attachment 1716284127
I’ll do that when I get home. I’m on the coast at the trailer park waiting for poor Andre to get detached from his balls. Sigh.

It’s not a service offered by the park, the vet is a block away

image.jpg

I believe you have an issue with medication. I would try to relax and like Samson allow your hair to grow to gain strength. But I’m no expert.

See? So much better with pics!!

Edit: information obtained from another thread using a child’s animation. For teaching purposes only.

-
Back