Hobby Lobby model sale!

-

abodylurker

Reaction score
I was out at Hobby Lobby and noticed they were having a sale on Models. Since I'm not allowed to buy any more, I didn't catch the maker but they were on average $10 off. Time to stock up for winter!

Im gonna have to make my way to Carbondale to check it out, thanks abodylurker

went down there, i confess i just couldent get into anything modelwise that they had, at lease enough to justify paying what a model kit costs nowadays. saw the corny looking 74 dart sport with the beak nose, and the 70s graphics. MPC stands for moulded pretty crappy. piss poor detail, lots of casting flash , parts that dont fit well, crappy chassis detail, and runny assed chrome plating.

i always thought monogram kits were the best , followed by revell, then AMT, lastly MPC. always felt johan were in a league of their own, even if those chassis had crappy detail.

i just dont have the time for it anymore, however i bought a monogram shelby GT 350H awhile back. moulded in chinna, and the plastic seemed unusually flimsy compared to what it was back when i was a kid .
i painted the bodyshell, then lost interest.

:-(

I didn't see any sale but I did see a 40% off any one item coupon in my Email & got the transporter for $22.79 the pair for $50.36
20140916_191104_zpsd2cd5abb.jpg

Bob, Any chance you know what the Ford LN8000 has in it for a motor? I doubt it be a inline 6 diesel, but I'm looking for one for a display I want to make!

NICE '68 Charger (I have that model, its well done!)

I got this at Hobby Lobby in Springfield,IL shopping while visiting family. My first M2 model 1:64

I opened the box to check it out and the painted "door handles" are on the bottom of the doors and not towards the top of the doors

Not much detail, Its just the top half that snaps in the engine bay. Uou habe a choice of what looks like 383 and a Hemi

I opened the box to check it out and the painted "door handles" are on the bottom of the doors and not towards the top of the doors
It almost looks like the Hemi billboards are what's printed upside down. Whatever, this is obviously Chinese-produced!

Now that I look at it more and more, it does look like the billboards are printed upside down, because the doors should curve up to meet the 1/4 windows.
I just got home from Springfield and Im gonna break it open and put it together to see exactly whats wrong with this model

Yea the HEMI is upside down on the doors! Im gonna call M2 and see what they say

Bob, Any chance you know what the Ford LN8000 has in it for a motor? I doubt it be a inline 6 diesel, but I'm looking for one for a display I want to make!

NICE '68 Charger (I have that model, its well done!)

The Ford has what looks like a GMC 8.2 V8 diesel

I have a bunch of big truck parts I may have what you need if not find the truck & as long as I can use the chassis for a conversion I'll buy it & swap the motor to you

Bob, Any chance you know what the Ford LN8000 has in it for a motor? I doubt it be a inline 6 diesel, but I'm looking for one for a display I want to make!NICE '68 Charger (I have that model, its well done!)

If I remember correctly, it is something like a 3208 CAT Motor.

Yea the HEMI is upside down on the doors! Im gonna call M2 and see what they say

Be sure to post what M2 says I'd like to hear what the excuse might be for this one!!!!!

I just got a couple of the 50th Anni. Hemi cars from Wally-World, a 'cuda and a charger, both Wal-Mart exclusives! Gotta love birthdays even if the gift was gotten late..............LOL

:cheers:

The Ford has what looks like a GMC 8.2 V8 diesel I have a bunch of big truck parts I may have what you need if not find the truck & as long as I can use the chassis for a conversion I'll buy it & swap the motor to you

Bob,
Do me a favor, if ya can and when ya have the time, snap a picture of the engines valve pans, and post 'em, here or over at Jerry's....

I'll keep my eyes out on a local kit truck, but thats a long shot 'round here.....Micheal's right now might have 4 models on 8 feet of shelving! Was there yesterday!

If I remember correctly, it is something like a 3208 CAT Motor.

I'd LOVE to find a Cat 3406, C-15! In a model of course! LOL

That could be anything from a Cat "475" all the way to the BIG Cat "600" They all used the same block and Cat "C" classification and BEFORE all the damned "Emissions" crap hit the diesel industry! AND could have been made to make serious horsepower....The ole C-15 was one hell of a motor! Still sought after today, and its got to be 20 years in the making from Cat

Be sure to post what M2 says I'd like to hear what the excuse might be for this one!!!!!

I just got a couple of the 50th Anni. Hemi cars from Wally-World, a 'cuda and a charger, both Wal-Mart exclusives! Gotta love birthdays even if the gift was gotten late..............LOL

:cheers:

Well they said that by the time they caught this problem it was too late because part of the box covers the doors. He said it was a factory mistake and the had produced a whole run of these where the HEMI is upside down!!!
When I asked how they were gonna make it right, either me sending it back to get a correct one or what, he said " no, it is what it is!!, it was a factory mistake ". WTF!&@$ really?? I said if it is what it is to your company, you wont be in busines too much longer with that type of attitude

I believe the tampo-printed ink will come off with lighter fluid (naptha). Shouldn't hurt the paint. I'd just remove the whole billboard.

Anthony,
WELL M2's mistake, you ought to call 'em back say yep your mistake, so you send ME a shipping label to MAIL YOU back MY car that I bought to be CORRECT, and I will not continue to slam your company, ands tell everyone to boycott you...... And ask to talk with his supervisor! Or hell the CEO, that crap just isn't kosher!

THEN see what happens....

They ought to offer a shipping label for their mistake, thats for sure. BUT there is a catch here, even tho, you want a "correct" one......THAT mistake in time is gonna make those cars worth a TON of greenbacks!

Anthony,
WELL M2's mistake, you ought to call 'em back say yep your mistake, so you send ME a shipping label to MAIL YOU back MY car that I bought to be CORRECT, and I will not continue to slam your company, ands tell everyone to boycott you...... And ask to talk with his supervisor! Or hell the CEO, that crap just isn't kosher!

THEN see what happens....

They ought to offer a shipping label for their mistake, thats for sure. BUT there is a catch here, even tho, you want a "correct" one......THAT mistake in time is gonna make those cars worth a TON of greenbacks!

Yep thats why Im not too worried about it but its opened, it wont be worth as much as a sealed one, which 99% of mine are still sealed.
It will be a conversation piece

I believe the tampo-printed ink will come off with lighter fluid (naptha). Shouldn't hurt the paint. I'd just remove the whole billboard.

Will lighter fluid take off the Hemi anniversary stickers too? Without hurting the paint.

Usually these diecast models are tampo-printed. As far as I know, lighter fluid has always worked to remove the printing. Be careful, test it in an inconspicuous area first!

If it is really a "decal" you are trying to remove, try scotch tape. Sometimes you can pull them off with tape.

-
Back