Holley 1920 jet size

-

oliver

Reaction score
Just got done doing new valve stem seals and setting the valve lash when I decided to play with the jetting a bit. I noticed that the motor just didn't have that spunk that it should have off idle and when you would mat the throttle. I went through the carb when I first got the car, and found the metering block all plugged up so I completely stripped it down and removed the plugs and was able to get it completely spotless. Anyways, it was equipped with a 58 jet and the only size I had on hand was a 64. Wow! With 8 degrees initial and the 64 jet, it now will spin the tires on dry pavement from a stop and has very good throttle response. Plugs are light tan which is nice. Anyone else use such a large jet in a stock 225?

No, but that will be the first change I make when I get mine running! =-D
Lol. I've worked on probably close to 100 slantys and owned 4. This is the first time I've ever jetted up one of the one barrels and I'm impressed. I wish I had a 62 I my kit as it would probably work just as good. I probably have one but I'd have to dig through a dozen carbs to find one.

You could drill the jet out easy enough you just need to know what size to drill it to or experiment with 3 or 4 old jets and increase the size in increments until you get where you want to be.I do this on my 2 stroke motorcycle carbs

Thanks. I know I can drill them out. I've got probably 100 jets in my box and another 20 or so in carbs. I was rushing and grabbed the smallest jet that was bigger than the 58.

My 63 service manual calls for 53 to 58 depending on the engine size, trans type, standard 1 step lean, 2 steps lean and the carb number.

-
Back