Holley 1945 on an 1965 valiant 225?

-

Jp5

Reaction score
Gents,
I just stumbled onto a NOS or refurbished Holley 1945 this one and am wondering if i should try installing it on my 65 valiant 225. any thoughts from my more experienced mopar folks here? has anyone ran one of these on a 65 /6?

thanks, guys.

jp

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 170
  • photo 3.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 268
  • photo 4.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 189
  • photo 5.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 184
even worse than the 1920... what carb do you have now and whats wrong with it?

and thanks for the post, i was going find something just to get a new post in this section lol

That carb was originally designated for a 1975-78 Dodge truck 225 slant six. It is jetted appropriately for a big heavy truck or too be more precise for my truck. If you want to get rid of it let me know what you have to get out of it. Thanks

Sell it to 1930 and buy my NOS AL Holley replacement 2bbl Carb. I think you'll end up plugging 8 of the 9 vacuum ports....oops, that's a 1bbl, my bad.

I have the same carb on my daily driver '74 Plymouth scamp and from what I remember I never had a problem and it was reliable even in the dead of winter but yeah it's for a truck and probably wasn't very fuel friendly but I wasn't paying attention :D

Does your 65 have cable or rod type throttle linkage ? If rod you will have to make some changes.

thanks for the replies, gents. i always appreciate the insights you guys offer up here on FABO. My current carb is a Carter BBS which works very well... i think i just got mesmerized by the sparkly new carb and wanted to hear it that would be a great upgrade. not the case i now understand. so yeah, 1930 you interested?

-
Back