Holley (AED) 750 DP Secondary Link Issue

-

12many

Reaction score
On a double pumper has anyone ever seen the secondary throttle link slightly push the lever/butterflies closed before commencing to opening? The secondary transfer slots close up a little before the butterlies head in the right direction as shown here, which correlates with the slight throttle application when driving where I’ve had a persistent ever so slight lean hesitation. Hmm, Not sure if this is the cause of that issue that I could never eliminate other than just giving a little quicker throttle. Never noticed the slight change in directions of the secondaries until after some close scrutiny while making some changes on the bench but have added a little more bend to the link and now the butterflies open as they should. Just a little blueprinting I’d think AED would have caught, guess I should have caught it after receiving it. Never messed with it so it definitely came like that. Obviously it shouldn’t be closing slightly before opening. Might just be the source of that slight lean spot I’ve had. Might not. Anyone experience this?

Last edited:
Couple of comments.
I certainly think that this problem could cause your hesitation because it is reducing airflow & fuel when the engine needs more of both.
Can you bend the linkage to fix the problem?
Also surprised at how far the t/blade screws protrude. Would have thought they would be trimmed for smoother air flow.

Couple of comments.
I certainly think that this problem could cause your hesitation because it is reducing airflow & fuel when the engine needs more of both.
Can you bend the linkage to fix the problem?
Also surprised at how far the t/blade screws protrude. Would have thought they would be trimmed for smoother air flow.
Yes, it’s been fixed, just bent it enough to eliminate that, blades actually open perpendicular now. And I also noticed how the screw heads and threads protrude. Been studying Vizards “How To Super Tune...Holley Carb” book on that aspect as well as others This AED 750 HO I have is nice, but I’m seeing some shortcomings as I get more into “super tuning”

Last edited:
-
Back