Holley sight plug hole strip

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
](*,) yep first time ever doing that,I was checking my float level and strip the threadessss in the bowl,is there a simple fix wile its still bolted on,or do I need a new bowl.I was able to screw it back on just enough so there is almost no leak but is seaping very little when it sloshes away.This is on my 600 Holley

I don't know of any way to repair. I'd say your options are

1 a new bowl

2 find a used junker in your area, Craigslist?

3 get the bowl and plug "sparkling clean" coat the plug with JB weld and screw it in from the INSIDE so you are not tempted to remove it, then set the float off the carb

](*,) yep first time ever doing that,I was checking my float level and strip the threadessss in the bowl,is there a simple fix wile its still bolted on,or do I need a new bowl.I was able to screw it back on just enough so there is almost no leak but is seaping very little when it sloshes away.This is on my 600 Holley

Any other method would be Jimmy Rigging it.

New bowl time.

ask around surely someone has a new/used bowl for this-- or try the clear plug method---.
I'll check my garage-- but i think all my holley stuff has been discarded--- Lawrence

with ethanol gas its eating up the plastic.

'Ts the reason I did not suggest that route.

It's NOT that big a deal to set them off the carb, just measure 'em like you do any other carb which does not use sight plugs.s

'Ts the reason I did not suggest that route.

It's NOT that big a deal to set them off the carb, just measure 'em like you do any other carb which does not use sight plugs.s

My level is perfect stayed the same since the rebuild on the 360 and carb,its barely leaking but who likes leakesss right.So i just posted an ad on a site here in Ontario Canada for a used one or may have to get a new one witch woul be a bummer,I have been on the look out for a 650 Holley around my parts but seams to be a little over priced most start @ 200 and go up for a good used one.Dam I must of had my stopped light on.Live and learn.](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)

-
Back