Honeydew List Valiant -ratty build.

-

1972_Plymouth_Valiant

Reaction score
So a few years ago I bought this heap of a Valiant from a shady dealer in Vermont. It is a 1972 Valiant in Honey Dew with a black vinyl top and black interior. It is an Automatic Transmission Package car that was purchased new in Bridgeport, CT by Helen Hiostakis who I understand was a city councilwoman. The car has lived a rough life and looks like it was recently a beach car a it was filled with sand.

IMG_0026.jpeg

IMG_0022.jpeg

IMG_0020.jpeg

IMG_0021.jpeg

IMG_0024.jpeg

IMG_0025.jpeg

IMG_0027.jpeg

Doesn't look ratty to me. Looks more like a solid start!

So first thing is to get it running. The transport driver was not happy, the dealer promised a running, driving car, and he wanted me to pay for a new battery, and acted like it was my fault. The car showed up missing the gas cap and the air cleaner lid, which I never got back.

Luckily I had some laying around to take care of it.

IMG_0035.jpeg

IMG_0040.jpeg

IMG_0048.jpeg

So I swapped a couple of rotten tires and drove the car to work and back after putting in a new gas tank. It drives like a heap, it doesn’t go, it doesn’t stop and barely runs. Time to change that.

IMG_0054.jpeg

IMG_0058.jpeg

IMG_0053.jpeg

IMG_0052.jpeg

IMG_0051.jpeg

I like it. Factory air too. Looks like rust free.Hard to find these days.
Be good to her.

Unseen. No wonder you called it a heap. Goes to show that photos hide allot.
Still tho, It has potential. Plus it has black interior and it's not green paint.

These are all old pics. I’m doing photo dumps basically. I’m on the lookout or a couple of clean fenders in Honeydew GY4.

So the car had a rats nest of unsafe wiring for a cheap radio. I ended up ripping that out and finding a nice AM/FM unit that I will send out for a rebuild. Everything on the dash works even the seat belt minder.

After a couple drives and changing out the lights on the cluster, the engine had an oil light come on. This is a peanut plug head 225 out of a 77 Volaré. I will be doing something fresh for power.

I got a hood pad from DMT and got that on. I will be pulling the engine out in the next post.

IMG_0068.jpeg

IMG_0069.jpeg

IMG_0072.jpeg

IMG_0124.jpeg

IMG_0125.jpeg

IMG_0171.jpeg

6DE859B6-F10A-43F2-A4A3-7931982E3ECB.jpeg

In the mean time I ordered an E70-14 white line tire, and installed it on a powder coated 14”x5.5” wheel and a new trunk mat went in. I borrowed spare tire hardware from a Dart and I got everything cleaned up. I will need to fix a hole in the trunk gutter. But this is looking good.

IMG_1499.jpeg

IMG_1500.jpeg

6BF6DB2D-55A1-43D3-B6AE-02FC43E314A1.jpeg

-
Back