hood hinge lock washer recipe lol

-

dustinmoran91

Reaction score
Dont know if this has been posted before because i couldnt find it. I figured out how to get around buying the hood hinge lock washers that go inside the fender. I took a 3/8" washer and a drill bit 1/2" (i beleive) and counter sunk it. By that i mean i didnt drill all the way through it so that one side was 1/2" and the other was 3/8". After i did this i took a socket the size of the washer with an extension and place the washer on the stud and hammer it on. Its a really snug fit and im not worried one bit about it coming off without lots of prying lol could always put a tack weld on for extra measure. Worked perfect and had not trouble getting it on.

Should say if this is a stupid idea or its common sense or whatever feel free to delete it lol. Didnt see the point in starting a thread asking about only to have to start this one so i skipped a step lol

I just bought 4 new ones at Carquest, cost me a few bucks.
Actually couldn't believe they had them.

Whats carquest?
i wasnt sure if they reproduced them or what they would even cost. I figured this would be good for that guy who took the hinges off and overlooked needing new ones (me hahahaha) or if someone couldnt find them local and didnt want to go through the hassle of ordering them

Carquest is an auto parts store, kind of somewhere between NAPA and Autozone. Its more like a real parts store but not a pricey as NAPA.

Ive never heard that before lol we just have oreillys, autozone and advance. We used to have a napa along time ago but they were replaced with the oreillys.

-
Back