Hood Pins - Where do they mount under the hood?

-

wjaholic

My car stole my wallet!
Reaction score
I am looking at a set of hood pins for my '74 Duster. My Brother has a set on his '70 Cuda. His hood pins are bolted to a mounting plate in the corner or the radiator core support and inner fender well.

I have looked at a few kits and haven't seen any mounting plates like that for my A-body.

Where do the hood pin studs mount in a '73-'74 Duster?

This is one of the "kits" that I was looking at.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0651401246&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

That is the type of kit (mine was Moroso) that I used on my '75 Dart. There were two dimples in the core support, one on each side. I drilled them out, installed the posts, marked where they contacted the hood, then drilled it out.

This pic was not intended to be for the hood pin, but you can see where it sits.

CoolantTank.jpg

...and you can see where they sit on the hood:

DSC_0407.jpg

That is the type of kit (mine was Moroso) that I used on my '75 Dart. There were two dimples in the core support, one on each side. I drilled them out, installed the posts, marked where they contacted the hood, then drilled it out.

This pic was not intended to be for the hood pin, but you can see where it sits.

CoolantTank.jpg

...and you can see where they sit on the hood:

DSC_0407.jpg

this is correct

It's worth noting that some of the earlier cars actually have the holes drilled out from the factory.

-
Back