hooker comp hedders

-

heathsduster

Reaction score
Hey guys i was wondering if anyone could help me out ..

I have a 73 duster with a 340 and i had purchased some hooker headers comp. for them but i can't get the stupid things to go on the drivers side ..any suggestions?

Hedders on an A-body are a pain! I think everyone here can agree. On my Dart I use Hedman (cheap) had to disconnect the left engine mount, disconnect the tie rod on the left because it will runs through the hedder, jack the engine up to get clearance, and install the pipes from underneath. Good luck. Hint Use top of the line exhaust gaskets now to save yourself pain and suffering later.

Nice article, but you should have made step #1 Go to store and buy a case of beer and tell the wife to take the kids out for the day and leave you alone :notworth:

stupidasso said:
Nice article, but you should have made step #1 Go to store and buy a case of beer and tell the wife to take the kids out for the day and leave you alone :notworth:

Seeing as how you're a Mopar owner, you should already have a sufficient supply of beer on hand.

The wife and kids - you're on your own with that.

Yeah and if your car has power steering it's that much harder to get a header in the drivers side. I found that out the hard way :wack: after I installed it cause my wife couldn't turn the manual steering easy.

-
Back