House of kolor klear coats??

-

challenger57

cuda57
Reaction score
Anyone ever the house of kolor kosmic polyurethane klear coats and do you like it. Does it spray well and does it buff well. I am painting my 63 valiant tangelopearl orange and was wondering about their klear coats. Thought i'd try to keep it all one brand. Also what about durability?? How does it compare to dupont, that is what I have used in the past.:burnout:

This is hok tangelo pearl and dupont. Only clear my painter would shoot.

One of the important things about HOK products is that they are extremely sensitive to re-coat times.

Make sure you are using the right reducer for the temperature and you are paying very close attention to the time windows or the stuff will eat itself.

Plenty of other clears out there that are equal or better and many of them will cost less.

HOK is a premium paint. It works well, but as stated, recoat times are critical. It is a professional paint for professional painters. And they have all the cool colors.

If your using HOK basecoat I would use their CC also. It has great UV qualities. Years ago I used a cheap clear over HOK candy and it faded in a year.

-
Back