1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves

4 garlic cloves, chopped

2 tablespoons tomato paste

1 cup Marsala wine (or chicken broth)

1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes

Salt to taste

1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional

Instructions

Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausages and cook until brown on both sides, about 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and drain.

Keeping the pan over medium heat, Add the Italian seasoning, basil, and garlic and cook 2 more minutes.

Add the Marsala wine, tomatoes, tomato paste and stir, add chili flakes, if using.

Add the peppers, onions, salt, and pepper and bring to a simmer.

Return sausage to skillet with the vegetables. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.

Serve over mashed potatoes, noodles, polenta, cauliflower rice or, if serving as a sandwich, split the hoagie rolls in half lengthwise. Hollow out the bread from the bottom side of each roll, being careful not to puncture the crust. Fill the bottom half of the roll with sausage mixture.

IMG_3969.jpeg

Ah, you're killin' me! Now I gotta go grocery shopping. A friend of mine turned me on to Breztenski's (?) sausage out of Ford City I think. Best I ever had. Can't find it anymore.

Ah, you're killin' me! Now I gotta go grocery shopping. A friend of mine turned me on to Breztenski's (?) sausage out of Ford City I think. Best I ever had. Can't find it anymore.

If you are talking about Brestensky’s Meat Market in Freeport Pa they are closed. After Steve died the family gave up the ship. I worked with Steve as a Millwright for 25 years. The original store was 2.5 miles from where I live and they built a huge building across the river. Man I miss that place.

New forum rule: No posting recipes unless you're sending samples.

New forum rule: No posting recipes unless you're sending samples.

Just for that I’ll hit you with this. Now I’m looking for a good frozen meatball because I’m to lazy right now to make homemade ones.

Dump and Bake Meatball Casserole
1 Bag of frozen meatballs defrosted
1 Jar marinara or spaghetti sauce
3 Cups of water
1 Box Bowtie pasta
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 ½ C. Mozzarella cheese
¼ C. Parmesan cheese grated
How To Make Dump and Bake Meatball Casserole:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Top with cheeses and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Let sit for 10high-side before serving. or skillet. Stir to combine.
3. Bake covered for 35 minutes.
4. Top with cheeses and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving

IMG_3970.jpeg

Just for that I’ll hit you with this. Now I’m looking for a good frozen meatball because I’m to lazy right now to make homemade ones.

Dump and Bake Meatball Casserole
1 Bag of frozen meatballs defrosted
1 Jar marinara or spaghetti sauce
3 Cups of water
1 Box Bowtie pasta
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 ½ C. Mozzarella cheese
¼ C. Parmesan cheese grated
How To Make Dump and Bake Meatball Casserole:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Top with cheeses and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Let sit for 10high-side before serving. or skillet. Stir to combine.
3. Bake covered for 35 minutes.
4. Top with cheeses and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving

View attachment 1716286474

Why are you Red-X'ing me? You're the one that made me hungry, and I'm grouchy when I'm hungry. Don't bring candy to class unless you bring enough for everyone, Mr. Boy-R-dee

-
Back