How do you sort your tools

-
The ones that are lost, and the ones that I still have...

As long as they're in the box.

1/4 - 3/8 - 1/2 inch drive are on separate racks....And metric is separated from standard :D

one drawer for 3/8 drive
one drawer for 1/2 drive

all metric sockets...wrenches in bottom drawer....only used went necessary

I have one box for standard and one for metric! Everybody gets their own drawer!! I use metric a lot, everything on Nellas chair is metric, and I'm constantly workin on that to keep it moving!

Working on bolt separation next! My goal is to have them all seperated by size and application by next spring!

Metric tools are stored in shed on the back 40. I refuse to use. lol
Standard tools are stored in the main shop, separate box for each 1/4 through 3/4 drive.
four upper boxes and roller cabinet for wrenches , plyers, hammers and screwdrivers.
specialty tools are stored in separate roller.

I did by some handy racks. Has posts for both short and deep wall. I'm in the process of cleaning out my box when I was knee deep in my build I lost alot of stuff mainly due to me being disorganized

Any of you go as far as cutting your tool shape out of foam so each tool has a spot?

hmmm.... wow thats thats an easy one:

i found that to be uncomfortable. Besides then most wrenches then have far too much space to move around. :glasses7:

:burnout:

one drawer ......Metric 6 and 12 point

drawer two SAE 6 and 12 point

all the 1/4 inch drive fits in one drawer .......6 and 12 point on each.

Attachments

• CIMG5271.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 359
  • CIMG5273.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 360
  • CIMG5275.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 361
:burnout:

one drawer ......Metric 6 and 12 point

drawer two SAE 6 and 12 point

all the 1/4 inch drive fits in one drawer .......6 and 12 point on each.

I tried those once upon a time. Went to socket rails.

Too many sockets for the drawers, any way. The drawers are needed for other tools. I have a cart for my sockets and use rails.

1/4, 3/8, 1/2 are divided and then divided into metric and standard. Shallow, semi-deep, deep, and extra deep and then from there, shallow, deep, and extra deep impacts. Things like torx, hex, and triple squares are kept on the same rail even if it mixes drives.

The silly millimeters

Just a silly millimeter longer......101
Old timers will remember this.... LOL

By drive, then std/metric, then 6pt/12 pt

wrenches by metric/std, laying in drawer

Not even my guns are metric!

I have crescent wrenches, pliers, vise grips, and channel locks. And a hammer.

No Norton/BSA/Triumph, no Whitworth.

I have whitworth! In a separate draw for the 53 Triumph.

Standard on one side, Metric on the other. LOL

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 315
ALL of mine are sorted by drive (each have their own drawer) 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, then they are sorted by SAE/Metric, SAE on the left, Metric on the right. Wrenches, same way, each have their own drawer as to type of wrench, SAE on the left, Metric on the right. Everything that has SAE and Metric is sorted that way, nut drivers, allen wrenches, even my screwdrivers. :D

-
Back