2500 stall converter
355 8 3/4" rear end
tf 727 tranny

this is going to be a daily driver and spend summers on the drag strip

what kind of times do you think i can expect

dazedduster said:
One more ? for ya Demon Seed I notice you did a similar swap any advice or
things i should look out for.

God, it must be nice at sea level, we're at 3500 ft and with bad air it's only worse. Yea I did the swap using Schmacher mounts and headers with no problems really other than cost. I'm using a stock MP 3 pass rad but in your climate you might want to consider an aluminum rad and a good shrouded fan. I'd also recommend sub frame connectors to dampen out the twist that 383 will throw at the body and pinion snubber on the 8 3/4. I think for a daily driver I'd stick with a dual plane manifold and 4 barrel with vacuum secondary and your choice of cam is about right but you might want to consider 1 step higher on the lift factor. I'm using the Mopar stock, thick wall rocker, valve train with the MP .509" cam and have had no problems and swear by it. Almost forgot, you'll also need a good trans oil cooler in front of the rad. The the gears you've choosen are right for a daily driver, I'm running the 3.91's and at 3000 rpm I'm doing 60 mph which is a little rough for long term highway driving and really sucks gas. With your combo and your elevation I'm guessing that you'll be in the low 13's and still be streetable.
Anyway have fun and remember to build it the way you want it and don't be afraid to experiment with different combo's as long as the wallet permits. :burnout:

P9100004 (Custom).JPG

I have a similar set up to you
Except for Eddy heads comp cams XS274H cam, small hedman headers.
On drag radials, full exhaust, one outing ran 12.7 108, 1.78 60ft
Mike

I was going to say it really depends on the converter and chassis. With a good chassis and a matched converter it should have no problems running low, low 13's through the mufflers. Maybe even high 12's. The operative words here are converter and chassis.

thanks for all the input, thats about what was looking for. should have the 360 in it fired up this weekend i'll post some pict,s thanks for the input

We ran a combo almost the same in my boys Dart before we put the 400 in it.

It was a stock bore and piston 383 shortblock and we used 452 heads all stock with some mild pocket porting. Milled the heads to get 9.5 comp. Had the MP .484 cam on a 104 centerline and all stock valvetrain. Performer RPM intake with a 750 dp and stock dist I curved for 36 total all in by 1800 rpm. 2" CPPA headers and 2-1/4 pipes. 727 I built stock with a reverse manual v/b and a Turbo Action 10" tight 3000 convertor. Had 3.91's and use McCreary G/60-15 tires. Car weighs 3570 now with Eddy heads so I would guess it was just over 3600 with the driver and the 383. The car ran great for what it was. Basically everythink inside the eng was stock other then the cam and Crane single valve springs. It ran a best of 12.31 @ 110 with 12.40's and 50's at 108 to 109 the normal on average days and a best 60 of 1.76. I think if your combo clicks on the right tune it should have high 12's in her. Good luck , Ron

-
Back