How many times have you been ripped of in a car or parts deal???

-
I contacted his local sheriffs office and they wouldn't do anything. I had a nice member here willing to stop and get my parts but I didn't want any issues to arise for the member.
I don't get it. How can someone take parts you provided, then build an engine with them and sell it, and have police do nothing about it? There's no difference in that and if he walked into your garage and stole them! Did you take pix before they were shipped, have a UPS tracking number, etc? Any sort of proof that he took possession of your engine parts? This is crazy!

I haven't been enough to talk about it, but I have helped a few people out on here who have.

I posted this story a while back, but I'll put it out there again. A good friend of mine who was a tech inspector at a race track bought a 70 Challenger 440 automatic car from another site. He went to pick the car up & there was a 69 Roadrunner 4 speed car there. He made a deal & bought both cars, he went back to get the RR & finally got them home. Fast forward about a year, he gets a knock on his door early one morning & there are two auto theft detectives there. They asked to look at the Challenger & Road Runner. The VIN plates were BOGUS & where the VIN numbers were stamped had been cut out. They seized the two cars but luckily he didn't go to jail. The investigation turned up that the address where he picked the cars up was a vacant house & the names on the receipts were bogus also. My friend is out to the tune of 6 figures plus, with nothing to show for it. As I stated in an earlier post "Buyer Beware" & do your homework on anything you buy if you don't know the seller.

Last edited:
Dropped a crank off one time for polishing, just pulled out of a running engine, the machinist called me the next day and said "what do you want me to do with this rusty pos", somebody at the shop obviously switched it out before the crank guy got it.

Traded a SWB dodge truck to a carpenter I had working for me, to lay up a retaining wall, the truck is long gone, and no wall has been built.

I haven't been enough to talk about it, but I have helped a few people out on here who have.

True, rusty is always willing to remove those annoying markings some of you guys put in expensive parts, or able to flip hot parts quickly

:poke:

I don't get it. How can someone take parts you provided, then build an engine with them and sell it, and have police do nothing about it? There's no difference in that and if he walked into your garage and stole them! Did you take pix before they were shipped, have a UPS tracking number, etc? Any sort of proof that he took possession of your engine parts? This is crazy!

Some of the parts drop shipped from the supplier and some from me personally. He basically said the labor he already did was worth the parts I sent him. So in his mind he gets paid twice, once for the labor he did and then again for the sale of the engine. His YouTube channel immediately locked all comments so others wouldn't see he was a thief. I posted photos of his work here and some members asked me to question some parts use.. which I did... and he immediately became insulted and combative. My loss his gain, but I gained knowledge of how not to go about anything like that again. Here is the video of my engine done WITH my parts on it.

Some of the parts drop shipped from the supplier and some from me personally. He basically said the labor he already did was worth the parts I sent him. So in his mind he gets paid twice, once for the labor he did and then again for the sale of the engine. His YouTube channel immediately locked all comments so others wouldn't see he was a thief. I posted photos of his work here and some members asked me to question some parts use.. which I did... and he immediately became insulted and combative. My loss his gain, but I gained knowledge of how not to go about anything like that again. Here is the video of my engine done WITH my parts on it.

Even more reason why I really wish we were local. I'd build you up somethin in a minute. That really pisses me off.

Even more reason why I really wish we were local. I'd build you up somethin in a minute. That really pisses me off.

And now I have a bare 440 block and no parts. My fault so can't blame anyone but myself for trusting someone. And if you were local I'd have you build it for me.

Hey Dominic, how have you been doing? That would be awesome. I'm not an engine guy just a dumb body man haha.

Why don't you just buy my 400? It looks like I've fallen in love with my slant stuff anyway. you could buy it and have it shipped for half what you'd spend on a stroked 440. Of course, it's "just " a 400 but still.....

Not to mention I'll likely never find a bellhousin.

Given the number of transaction that I have made in the last 10 years I am enormously surprised to say only once of any consequence - cost me $300.

Now the stove I bought from Sears is another matter...

doing ok, I am sure you could handle it. Just give me a heads up and we can make it happen.

Will do for sure. It would be great to have some guidance from someone that knows. It is something I want to do but would need some help for sure. I'll keep you posted.

-
Back