how much rad do you need to cool a 426sb

-

robert 68 cuda

Reaction score
well how much rad do you need to cool a 426 small block. it has a electric water pump , 11to 1 compression eddy heads, hughs cam 1.6 rockers ported heads air gap intake. i want a rad that will cool this monster on the street any help would be great did not have it dynoed but i figure 500-600 would be max hp and its going in a 68 cuda. thanks and sorry for the long wright up.:toothy7:

I'd run an all aluminum rad as big as I can get in my car.

All you can get in LOL ,it looks like the battery tray is in the way of running a 26" in my 69 fastback so I went with a 22" 3 core champion for my 410sb but if it proves too little I will relocate my battery and go 26"

well buying a becool rad and fans good to cool a 1000hp its 30" rad 3inch thick and bolt in oem spots.

i have an afco aluminum radiator for my 530 hp 408 stroker..paid 350 bucks...be cool are over priced. just sayin...

ya i know its espensive but the stuff is the best on the markit . so to me its worth the money to be to keep the over heating gods at bay. nothing i hate worse then when you are in the town and you engin that you just spent ten grand on is over heating becuse we went cheap on one of the most inportant part to keep the engin alive the cooling system . so to me its worth every cent but on they other hand iv never run afco rad what temp are you seeing.????

I have a griffin 3 inch original style alu radiator works perfect never runs hot and it looks the same as original

-
Back