How to Install frame connectors.

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
Ive heard a few different ideas and want the right answer. Im doing my floors right now and have the car up on stands level. Should I out my frame connectors in now?

Does the car need to be on suspension or not?

from my understanding it needs to be like its sitting on the ground put your jackstands under the rear and check the doors and stuff to make sure that they still work as they did when it was on the ground...

Anyone have photos of there passenger side frame connector. I was looking today and noticed that my stock fuel lines run right in the way. Just curious as to what mods yall did with your fuel lines?

Anyone have photos of there passenger side frame connector. I was looking today and noticed that my stock fuel lines run right in the way. Just curious as to what mods yall did with your fuel lines?
The UScartool ones I bought interfered with my stock fuel line, I decided to go with the bolt in type (even though I am going with stainless hose from pump to carb) and weld them also. Those will provide plenty enough support IMO. I am going to sell my uscartool connectors.

check the lines on your doors; move stands as needed. Fuel line? Get a ans 6 braided, and re-route it. Flush it out before hook-up, plenty of bs in it.

Josh,make your own connectors(cheap)and replace your fuel line to 3/8 while your under there.The 3/8 fuel line will help feed your tunnel rammed BB.JMO

I planned to replace fuel line. Ive also decided to make my own but bolt them in. no welds. I believe with proper planning it can be just as strong with bolts since I dont plan on welding to floor.

-
Back