How to remove 69 dart custom door trim?

-

chastee1

Reaction score
I want to remove this door trim and fix the dent. Any advice or links on how to safely remove? It’s just the section on the drivers side door I need to remove. Don’t recall if I need to remove door panels and get at anything from behind.

Thanks!

6508462B-A901-4214-9286-65ECDCD07453.jpeg

577C7DA8-C149-4699-B271-B19DFE9C167B.jpeg

Check the leading and trailing edge at the door lip for an acorn nut. 67 gt has nut on post both ends and snap on in the middle.

Beautiful car by the way

Last edited:
Going to remove one of the front fender side trim pieces as well to fix a small dent...I can't find an acorn nut on either the leading or trailing edge. Afraid to pull to hard to "pop off", but is the entre front fender trim just pop off?

Going to buy a trim removal tool with the lever action handle (like the Glarks universal tool on amazon) rather than using the plastic prybar stule ones I have. I'll follow a technique I saw of using a thin piece of plastic slid between the trim and the tool to prevent scratching.

Man - Removing this trim has me nervous...I'd rather have a dent in the trim than a scratch in the paint but I think I'll go for it soon (after someone hopefully confirms there are NO nuts on the fender trim and I get the new tool).

-
Back