Hughes Big Mouth heads

-
I ordered the "LA" style head for a 360, 6 pack engine w/super Comp's @ 1-3/4 & a Lunati solid roller.
Due to there current sale of 50% off of CNCing, there pounded with orders. They said to me it may take a while, maybe 4 weeks.

I can wait, it's winter time.

Thats what I was told this morning.
I ordered the reg. Eddys with the CNC porting, but was thinking about switching my order to
the Big Mouth head.
The more I look at the data, the more I think this is the way to go.
Dave told me I could change my order, if done in a timely manner.

These are for a back-up engine, so time isn't a big factor.

did you ask Dave what the power difference would be?

The answer to that is way to general. It's close to,
"If I add one hand full of rice crispier to my dog food, will a pigeon blow up after dark on a blue moon in June during a Kilgon attack on the Enterprise with Green women?"

Hugesengines posts the flow rates of both heads. When you get to know engines and how they work, your question becomes self answerable. Do realize that the answer is never a constant. It changes each time something is different.

So if someone said there is a 50HP increase between the heads, there blowing enough smoke up your *** that it is bleeding through your eye balls because there's that much smoke.

"If I add one hand full of rice crispier to my dog food, will a pigeon blow up after dark on a blue moon in June during a Kilgon attack on the Enterprise with Green women?"

lol

I live less than 10 miles from Hughes engine and I would not buy anything from that Guy.I know of too many cam and engine issues that have come out of Dave's shop.

I can dig it.

Attachments

• GREENIE.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 876
I live less than 10 miles from Hughes engine and I would not buy anything from that Guy.I know of too many cam and engine issues that have come out of Dave's shop.

I have found them to be quite helpful.
No problems with their cams, I have built 4 different engines, no problems.
I use their rockers & timing componets, very satisfied.

We are working on our version of Indy's TA heads, fully cnc ported, 5/16 valves, 3-4 spring options, and should flow around 315cfm at .650-.700 lift.
This is the old IndyBrock head but we'll be using a hybrid PRW stainless kit for everything except solid roller and then we'll use TD hybrid kit.
The pushrod pinch is moved over quite a bit and should allow more rpm and higher rpm power on any engine they're used on. They'll only have 2.08 x 1.60 5/16 valves, and only a max cnc ported port for now...mainly to give guys with large cid small blocks a good 600+HP cylinder head without a ton of $$$.
I won't have anything concrete until Feb. but I will stock them once we evaluate them on a couple of different engines.
Brian

Brian, how would your heads do on a 440'' solid roller (750 lift) 13.1 comp?

All right RRR!!!!! Nice Green chick!

Like your new avatar Brian.

On the heads you are talking about, can you give them a W5 bolt spacing?

We are working on our version of Indy's TA heads, fully cnc ported, 5/16 valves, 3-4 spring options, and should flow around 315cfm at .650-.700 lift.
This is the old IndyBrock head but we'll be using a hybrid PRW stainless kit for everything except solid roller and then we'll use TD hybrid kit.
The pushrod pinch is moved over quite a bit and should allow more rpm and higher rpm power on any engine they're used on. They'll only have 2.08 x 1.60 5/16 valves, and only a max cnc ported port for now...mainly to give guys with large cid small blocks a good 600+HP cylinder head without a ton of $$$.
I won't have anything concrete until Feb. but I will stock them once we evaluate them on a couple of different engines.
Brian

Any update on these Brian? These might be a good alternative to the Hughes Big Mouth heads I am looking at. Thanks!

Whats the word brian? My heads are off disassembled and clean. Im ready when you are... .

-
Back