I assume the "muffler gods" have struck again? LOL

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
?WTF?

69877_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=3&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=gCHHGvYFBpMAX--rJyj&_nc_ht=scontent.fbne6-1.jpg

I bet that was out of necessity to be able to compete somewhere. Why "else" would somebody do "THAT"? LOL

Maybe he is running quad mufflers for performance. And of course the added down force to help with traction

its really quite simple...no one told him universal exhaust kits are "cut to fit"

mufflers hooked to the back of rear mounted turbos ?

It’s a noise thing at some tracks. Like Sonoma and Laguna Seca. Judging by the Cali license plate I’d say he’s at a track with a DB limit and he didn’t want to re-engineer his exhaust. I kinda like the idea.

Maybe he is dyslexic, mounted the mufflers to the wrong end of the tailpipe. LMAO

Looks like someone's sarcastic attempt to pass the rule book

Looks like someone's sarcastic attempt to pass the rule book

brother, that reminds me

my parents send my boy a scale model of a car for his birthday last month
now, all of us are Dutch, and so my parents thought it was cool to send him a model of Max Verstappen's F1 car

cool as this is, you got to understand how old that makes me feel, since i used to watch his old man, Jos Verstappen race when i was my boys age

so, the other night im putting my boy to bed, and we get to talking about his car, and the one i used to run
which reminded me of his most known...incident

of course, we didnt know this when i first watched it but someone had decided to remove a filter from the refueling hose, in an effort to cut down the time it takes to refuel
(see cheating, i knew there was natural segue into this rant)

anyway, here is the video i showed my boy, as i saw it as a teen

the video posted above is excellent but the bottom one you can actually see

Sadly it is real. The muffler police were at the event with a decibel meter and told him he couldn't race because he was over the limit. So it was this or forfeit the entry fee.

It’s a noise thing at some tracks. Like Sonoma and Laguna Seca. Judging by the Cali license plate I’d say he’s at a track with a DB limit and he didn’t want to re-engineer his exhaust. I kinda like the idea.

That's what I was sayin. He probably got to race that day. Pretty smart, really.

Fussy homeowners association?

Edit: seriously, im wondering if he is using the repop chambered pipes, (factory available on a 69 camaro, and not really much of a muffler, just crimps in the pipe). Those chambered exhausts use up a lot of space, but are really loud. Probably needed to do something, anything, to quiet it down. (Temporarily, im sure!)

Last edited:
That's what happens when you read the instructions.

-
Back