I could use some help please....

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I installed my scattersheild today. Wow.... I thought header bolts were a *****. Installing the perimeter 3/4" bolts around the sheild was a job! But never mind that, I need some help locating some odds-n-ends.

First off, I need a correct Z bar pivot bracket for the scattersheild end of things....I had to fabricate an extension that I doubt will last long. It seems that the bracket I need the 2 mounting bolt openings drop down further than the one I have.
I also need the front bearing retainer in the medium diameter. The opening in my scattersheild measures just shy of 5" across. I have the 4 1/4" & 5 1/8".... The size I need is about 4 7/8".

Needless to say, I threw the transmission in the car and brought it home with the transmission not really installed right. I only drove about 5 miles like this. I know I will destroy the input roller bearing and possibly the front main bearing, not to mention screw up the clutch. The trans is being held in by the bolts only, NOT the bearing carrier. Not good....

HELP!

Someone has to have what I need or knows someone who can help.

On a happier note, the oil leak is gone and the car runs great. Except I can't drive it now.... :puker:

BTW: If I didn't make it clear in the first post, the bearing retainer I need mounts on the front of the transmission case and centers it in the bellhousing opening. The one I need is just under 5" in diameter.

Please look guys. I need this piece.

Thanx..... :salut:

What kind of scatter shield do you have?

I have the lakewood and used the lakewood pivot for the clutch fork and it did work quite right. My fork fell off, sorta. Anyway I put a stock pivot on and now it work perfect.

BARRACUDA340S said:
What kind of scatter shield do you have?

I have the lakewood and used the lakewood pivot for the clutch fork and it did work quite right. My fork fell off, sorta. Anyway I put a stock pivot on and now it work perfect.

I'm using a Lakewood too. The piece I need is the bracket for the Z bar pivot. I could also use either the mid-sized bearing retainer, or the sleeve that comes with the scattersheild..... :cry:

The fork & pivot are fine.

Sorry guys, but I'm gonna shove this back up to the top. I spent all summer building an engine and now I can't drive the damn thing! :x

PLEASE! Ask around or take a second look out in the garage!

Thanks and sorry about being a pain in the ***.....

-
Back