I did NOT build an engine dolly!!!!

-
you just became a little better engineer,,,, channel will twist,, square tubing stroooooonger in all directions. The only issue now are your welds,,,LOL good job!

It's now 2" taller "which won't hurt" The "other one" tall as it is, gave me little room to get under there and release the crossmember bolts which were just "in there" I had removed the nuts and two bolts.

!!Well!! All-RIGHTY then!!! Found a guy who wants the slant out of the 72 Scamp, so this morning I got busy. I'm pooped. Went out about 9AM. Moved the "White Whale II" parts truck off the hoist, and got the slant Scamp runnin good enough to roll around to the hoist. I just now got in, washed my hands, and some lunch. It's 2PM here, so 4 hrs hard work for this old man. Nice day here, must be 65F or more........ Here's the "New Deal"

The reason the lower arms are not on the K is that I did not want to unhook the brake lines, so decided to break loose the lower balls. That turned out to be a mistake, because whoever assembled the lower balls tightened the livin' 'eck out of 'em. I had a pickle for WITH A SPLITTING MAUL to finally break the lower balls loose.

IMG_0174cs_zpsamfiai6e.jpg

IMG_0172cs_zpsbyljomki.jpg

IMG_0170cs_zpsvam5mphd.jpg

And the slant is history!!!!

I had it on CL, and a guy showed interest. Before I ate lunch I sent him an email that it was out, and ..............

I no more got lunch gulped down,

he calls me!!! "I'm in Post Falls. Can I come get it now?" "SURE" So I jumped (gimped) to my feet and dashed (limped) out back and started to get the tractor rigged and the tools back out so we can pull the TF.

It's GONE!!!

-
Back