i have started my console build!

-

mopardart72

I'm a pretty big deal
Reaction score
You guys gave me the inspiration to not give up and to find little things to make the car better well you were right doing it makes me wnat to get the car done. so i decided to start on my console. And i plan to get a fiberglass kit from lowes tomarrow if i get it finished today i plan on fiberglassing it and painting it blue and black two tone like the color of my car will be. ill draw up a picture of how i am making it

initially this is what it will look like the little blue lines are where im going to rout it out and put plexi glass under it and put LED lights it should look good. give that black a nice blue touch it will be fiberglassed. i have a few questions though. should i wait and rout it after i fiberglass or before? i also have to put in 6 1/2 holes for speakers should i do that after or before?

console build.jpg

I would work from the bottom up because the consoles dont sit centered on the hump. One side will be taller than the other. Get the fit right then start cutting holes,etc.. Good luck

well i screwed it up i made it too short. i used player1ups demenisons and it came out too short. my fault i think i think his is made as a 2 peice or sumthing idk

i built one pretty much just like that. heres how i did it. where you have black in your drawing, i used wood(except in the front i left open for wires) to give it a strong base. when you have that made you want to bolt it to the shifter to make sure it lines up the way you want. Then i layed out tin foil and layed sheets of fiberglass on that and added the hardner. i did about 3 layers and let it sit over night. the next day when it was hard, i layed them up to the sides of the wood and staple gunned them to it. then i cut the access fiberglass off then put it in the car and made two holes on the front sides and the back sides to mount it to the tranny tunnel. then i cut out round circles of wood and bondoed them to the sides where i wanted my speakers and cut out the centers. hope this can help you, if you got any other questions let me know
dodgedart107.jpg

i built one pretty much just like that. heres how i did it. where you have black in your drawing, i used wood(except in the front i left open for wires) to give it a strong base. when you have that made you want to bolt it to the shifter to make sure it lines up the way you want. Then i layed out tin foil and layed sheets of fiberglass on that and added the hardner. i did about 3 layers and let it sit over night. the next day when it was hard, i layed them up to the sides of the wood and staple gunned them to it. then i cut the access fiberglass off then put it in the car and made two holes on the front sides and the back sides to mount it to the tranny tunnel. then i cut out round circles of wood and bondoed them to the sides where i wanted my speakers and cut out the centers. hope this can help you, if you got any other questions let me know
dodgedart107.jpg

what are the seats out of and who did your door pannels

the seats are corbeau sports seats, and the guys name is bill newth who did the door pannels, does nice work. heres better pics (sry for thread jacking)
dodgedart109.jpg

dodgedart097.jpg

-
Back