I know," What the hell is a chevy guy doing on this site?"

-

hell camino

Reaction score
Truth be told, my three favorite cars of all time are all mopars. 1. 71 cuda. 2. 68 charger. and 3. 70-71 dart swinger. my first car was a 70 duster, completly beat 318, but i ran it into the ground as i turned 16 about the time the dukes of hazzard were in their prime. Now my son is almost 16 and he to is blessed/cursed with the love of classic muscle. which brings me to the meat of this thread. We are looking for a 70-71 swinger for him, nothing to fancy, just a solid, complete base car. any help would be appreciated. As for the hell camino, it's in the process of restoration, as i do like the chevies to. CAN'T STAND FORDS, but like the chevies. hope you can tolerate me, Randy

Hi Randy

Don't worry, I'm sure we can all tolerate you.....barely!
Kidding aside, hope you find the boy a great car. My son is fifteen, and is already trying to lay claim to the Swinger.(He'll be lucky to get the Dakota)

Hi Randy, welcome to the site...Stick around awhile and perhaps we will have you in the seat of your "own" A-body along with your son :thumblef: :)

pic4.JPG

i wouldn't mind a 340 demon, duster, swinger, or cuda myself. my wife says i have enough "rolling stock" as it is.

Howdee and welcome! I share your predicament of having a non-monogamous relationship with cars. Maybe those Arab dudes have it right with their "harems". I started my muscle car life off with a 1967 Camaro SS then switched to a 1972 'Cuda 340 and then back to a 1979 Corvette that I still have and now I'm restoring an all original 1970 Dart Swinger 340. My wife drives a Chrysler 300M and I tool around in my Dodge Dakota so I'm definitely a Mopar fan at heart. I think Mopar muscle cars are more of a "bad boy" car than the Chebby's. Fords are not allowed in our family except for a brief few years when I owned a couple of Ford pickups. I see your're interested in the Dart Swingers so you may want to visit my 1970 Dart Swinger restoration site at the web address below:
:salut:

Hey Randy, welcome aboard. And don't worry about the embarrasing little thing with the Chivvies. If you promise not to tell anyone, I have a 1974 Camaro Z28 that I bought brand new, a 55 Sedan Delivery, a 55 2-dr post 150 sedan, and a 55 4-dr Belair. Shhhh. These guys will never let me back in if they find out. However, my first choice is still old Mopars, especially A bodies. :thumblef:

OldVart said:
Hey Randy, welcome aboard. And don't worry about the embarrasing little thing with the Chivvies. If you promise not to tell anyone, I have a 1974 Camaro Z28 that I bought brand new, a 55 Sedan Delivery, a 55 2-dr post 150 sedan, and a 55 4-dr Belair. Shhhh. These guys will never let me back in if they find out. However, my first choice is still old Mopars, especially A bodies. :thumblef:
sid I am disappointed.==not :thumblef: pic's will say delta boogy you will see family resembelance. Randy I hang with a vett guy and he hang's out here a little bit. and as we can see a vart does to. This is the best site for a lot of info and fun,so give us a chance :thumblef:

thanks for the welcome and i will check this site regularly as i love the mopars, randy

Randy, Welcome to the site and don't worry about what you own otherwise. You have a MoPar and need to find out about something, your in the right place. I'm a American car guy period. My Fav's are MoPars.

Welcome to the forums. And you are not the only guy here with a Chevy. I've got a couple in my stable of vehicles.

Don't Feel Bad I Own A Few Chevys MY DAILY DRIVER IS A 85 CAPRICE ALSO HAVE 81 ELCAMNIO MY SON HAS A 98 JIMMY

MVC-005S.JPG

welcome aboard Randy, No chevies here :wack: they leave a bad taste in my mouth. Hang around here long enough we can bring you back from the dark side :thumblef:

You know an El Camino is technically an A-body. (I was a Buick Gran Sport guy for many years).

Welcome

hell camino said:
i wouldn't mind a 340 demon, duster, swinger, or cuda myself. my wife says i have enough "rolling stock" as it is.

When my wife told me that I moved out now I can't afford anything, but it was worth it. Welcome

-
Back