I made a TOOL!!!

-

green67cuda

Reaction score
I was sitting at work last night and had an ingenious idea....
take some 3/8x1 flat stock, 13" long, drill a hole for the head and 3/8 of the shank of a 1/2" bolt, weld it in, exactly 1/2" from one end, weld a 3/4 long piece of 1/2" square stock to the other end, exactly 1/2" from the end, on the opposite side from the bolt head (12" apart on center), and VOILA.....a tool....

anyone know what it's for??

hint: the one i make tonight will have a 1/2" square hole instead of the bolt head

i'll post pics wednesday

yeah...i knew that'd happen......here's tool #1, just in case i can't get the other one made tonight, but like i said....instead of having a bolt at one end, it'll have a 1/2" square hole

site1055.JPG

It's an extension for your torque wrench so you can extend the range of the wrench.

If you apply 100 ft-lbs on the nut/square hole end with your torque wrench and have a socket 1' away on the square hex you will be applying 200 ft-lbs at the socket.

Whether he is screwing with us or not it will work to extend the range of a torque wrench.

Looks like a tool to remove high performance muffler bearings! :drunken: :geek:

dgc 383 is correct

that is the exact purpose of it....torque doubler for a torque wrench
being exactly 1 foot center-to-center, it will double the tourque value on the torque wrench. just have to be careful to keep it straight in line (the wrench and the extension) or else the value will be off due to the torque angle

the one i made last night as an improvement over this one isn't done yet....still have to make the square hole so that the torque wrench fits into it instead of having to use a socket

GO ME
:thumleft:

yep exactly right ..Snap-On sells these and does the same thing ...only cost more and is prettier ...LOL

-
Back