I Need a Dart Convertible Like….. NOT MINE

-

cosgig

MoBro Inc.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Found this little gem up town. It’s been sitting at least since 1999 when the current owner bought it for a father/son project that never happened. It ran, and would probably run again, but it’s going to need love. 6cyl, e speed on the tree, 9” drums all around. It was turquoise when it was born. I’m afraid to make an offer on it because he might take it, and I don’t know what I’d do then.

CA9C380C-B477-4C62-AC75-FA4937A26FD5.jpeg

1AC183C8-B1C4-4D31-8ED5-6D60F298F38E.jpeg

DD013448-B155-4306-9C7A-5B88777F8FDA.jpeg

41EB18D7-B74A-4846-A94D-15F3F4BB34E6.jpeg

4807987A-5987-434B-A304-65069F20CF12.jpeg

You always liked the early A bodies. Looks like a great start on another one. 65

I think rust is a good lawn fertilizer. Park it under a shade tree and watch it rot !

Found this little gem up town. It’s been sitting at least since 1999 when the current owner bought it for a father/son project that never happened. It ran, and would probably run again, but it’s going to need love. 6cyl, e speed on the tree, 9” drums all around. It was turquoise when it was born. I’m afraid to make an offer on it because he might take it, and I don’t know what I’d do then.

View attachment 1716294383

View attachment 1716294384

View attachment 1716294385

View attachment 1716294386

View attachment 1716294387
Complete... How much has been rust eaten?

Save it

If its in the north east point me in the right direction. That would a perfect Gasser.
It’s in Michigan, near Ann Arbor.
Complete... How much has been rust eaten?

Save it
It is remarkably rust free, and the owner said that’s why he bought it. He didn’t know that it has been repainted once, it was originally turquoise. And some old old vinyl and paint work on the interior to change that to red. It’s complete, and I would wager to bet that with a little tinkering, it would fire right up on the bottle. He values it at $5-6k, my offer, that he would probably take would be $2500. He knows it needs everything, and he told me if it doesn’t sell, he’s going to put it up on blocks, and when he dies his kids can scrap it. He cares nothing for it.

It has a title in his name. The keys are missing, he thinks they’re at home, the car is at his tool rental business and has been there for quite sometime, just like you see it!

It’s in Michigan, near Ann Arbor.

It is remarkably rust free, and the owner said that’s why he bought it. He didn’t know that it has been repainted once, it was originally turquoise. And some old old vinyl and paint work on the interior to change that to red. It’s complete, and I would wager to bet that with a little tinkering, it would fire right up on the bottle. He values it at $5-6k, my offer, that he would probably take would be $2500. He knows it needs everything, and he told me if it doesn’t sell, he’s going to put it up on blocks, and when he dies his kids can scrap it. He cares nothing for it.

It has a title in his name. The keys are missing, he thinks they’re at home, the car is at his tool rental business and has been there for quite sometime, just like you see it!
You can get ignition and door lock sets pretty easily...

He values it at $5-6k, my offer, that he would probably take would be $2500. He knows it needs everything, and he told me if it doesn’t sell, he’s going to put it up on blocks, and when he dies his kids can scrap it. He care

THIS is insane. :wtf:

View attachment 1716294383

View attachment 1716294384

View attachment 1716294385

View attachment 1716294386

View attachment 1716294387
Unless it's all rotted you better pull the trigger Geoff

You can get ignition and door lock sets pretty easily...

THIS is insane. :wtf:
For reference, I drove my 66 Signet convertible up there, which has been on the market for about 3 years now with no takers at $7500. He wasn’t there, he doesn’t spend much time there except in the morning, so I went Saturday morning on my way to Lowes, but I was in my truck. From the feel of it, I’m the only interested party, and I mean over the past few months. If I buy it I’ll have to find a place to put it, my barns are currently full, that’s my biggest obstacle.

For reference, I drove my 66 Signet convertible up there, which has been on the market for about 3 years now with no takers at $7500. He wasn’t there, he doesn’t spend much time there except in the morning, so I went Saturday morning on my way to Lowes, but I was in my truck. From the feel of it, I’m the only interested party, and I mean over the past few months. If I buy it I’ll have to find a place to put it, my barns are currently full, that’s my biggest obstacle.
Time Space and Money

Wish I had the funds. I’d buy your 66 vert then you’d have room for the Dart

Unless it's all rotted you better pull the trigger Geoff
I really, really, REALLY don’t need another car. And the biggest drawback to this car is the crappy interior job. Although the red vinyl door skins are literally glued to the metal surround of the door, with the turquoise door skins untouched and underneath. Of course, I have a complete commando drivetrain for it, if I kept the 3 speed setup that is.

Wish I had the funds. I’d buy your 66 vert then you’d have room for the Dart
My next project HAS to be putting the 340 into my blue Barracuda. Now that Nellas room is finally done, I can turn back to doing stuff with cars. I wish the Signet would find a good home, I need the space, and the money would be nice too. Although it’s a really fun car to drive. Come on down and pick you up a couple verts, and bring Keith and Kimberley with you, I would love to meet you all!

I really, really, REALLY don’t need another car. And the biggest drawback to this car is the crappy interior job. Although the red vinyl door skins are literally glued to the metal surround of the door, with the turquoise door skins untouched and underneath. Of course, I have a complete commando drivetrain for it, if I kept the 3 speed setup that is.
I can edit your title to "Not mine" and you could help the guy sell it.

you came to the wrong place for help in talking you out of doing something crazy amigo...

all kidding aside, i wouldn't consider that to be crazy at that price point if it's solid downtown. i'd 100% buy it if only to save it from further neglect and abuse. even if i knew i wouldn't get to it straight away, i'd just bag it and throw it in a corner and get around to it when the time comes-- or i'd have a decent project that i could turn somebody else on to and help keep the wheels rolling instead of sitting dern near axle deep in the muck.

If it were closer to me, I'd snatch it up, get it running and just drive it, kind of like RRR did with Vixen.

Turquoise with a red interior?

Turquoise with a red interior?
No, the interior is turquoise as well, under some spray bomb red on the metal, and some really bad vinyl on the door skins and dash pad. The front seat looks to have been reupholstered, the back seat looks like Mopar vinyl, but it’s red. Not sure if it got dyed or they swapped one from a red car.
That car needs a new home.
Stop it!! You have that hypnotic effect on me buying cars, that’s how I got the Signet.

Rich….”don’t mess with that silver one, buy this red one from me and you’ll live happily ever after”!!

Geof……”your wish is my command, oh great one. Here’s the cash”!!

-
Back