I need help with a lot of stuff...

-

DaValCudda

Reaction score
I recently bought a 1965 Plymouth Valiant. It has a 273 cudda commando motor in it and was converted to automatic. It still has the pedals in it though and was a floor shifter to start. The parts I'm missing is the mechanical linkage and I'm not entirely sure what will be needed to switch it back to manual transmission.
I also like the look of the dart front styling over the Plymouth. I am wondering what parts will I need to switch to get the 65 dart front grille on there? Will I need the whole front cip, or do you guys know if I can just get the grille and swap it out?
I want to apologize for my writing skills and I hope this whole thing makes sense to whoever is reading it. Any help sourcing parts, or just hands on knowledge of these vehicles will be a great help to me.
Thank you for your time,
DaValCudda.

There are people here that know these cars in & out & tell you everything you need to know.
Welcome aboard!

You will need the whole front clip. Fenders, hood, grille.......all of it. I'm even unsure the doors are the same. I don't know. They may not be.

am wondering what parts will I need to switch to get the 65 dart front grille on there? Will I need the whole front cip, or do you guys know if I can just get the grille and swap it out?
You will need to change the whole front clip, hood fenders grill valance panel and bumper and brackets.

You will need the whole front clip. Fenders, hood, grille.......all of it. I'm even unsure the doors are the same. I don't know. They may not be.
Doors are the same, but the trim will be different. Body lines are also the same. I would get a parts car for the swap because it makes it easier than trying to piece meal it together. Once completed you can sell off the remains to recoup some of your cost.

The front-end parts are the same 2dr or 4dr or even wagon.

You will need to change the whole front clip, hood fenders grill valance panel and bumper and brackets.

Doors are the same, but the trim will be different. Body lines are also the same. I would get a parts car for the swap because it makes it easier than trying to piece meal it together. Once completed you can sell off the remains to recoup some of your cost.

The front-end parts are the same 2dr or 4dr or even wagon.
I'd leave it alone because the Valiant is a MUCH better looking car. I "could" be biased. lol

IMG_0962.jpeg

I recently bought a 1965 Plymouth Valiant. It has a 273 cudda commando motor in it and was converted to automatic. It still has the pedals in it though and was a floor shifter to start. The parts I'm missing is the mechanical linkage and I'm not entirely sure what will be needed to switch it back to manual transmission.
I also like the look of the dart front styling over the Plymouth. I am wondering what parts will I need to switch to get the 65 dart front grille on there? Will I need the whole front cip, or do you guys know if I can just get the grille and swap it out?
I want to apologize for my writing skills and I hope this whole thing makes sense to whoever is reading it. Any help sourcing parts, or just hands on knowledge of these vehicles will be a great help to me.
Thank you for your time,
DaValCudda.
First off don’t worry about your writing skills as much as posting pictures. We want to see pictures, and if there’s any parts that you need post here.

Howdy from a 64 Valiant owner :D

I'm very biased like RRR...

This is the place for whatever it is you're trying to get to. The Search function is your friend. Also, recommend downloading or purchasing the related manuals and guides. MaMopar has a lot of information out there to guide your questions.

Good luck

-
Back