I saw my first Tesla truck today.

-
A couple buddies and I took a road trip down to Clay and sons last Friday. My wife sent me this picture as we were walking around looking at old Mopar parts cars...Made the old picked through, smashed up and rusty old Mopars look that much better..lol
Resized_20240419_174844_1713566956019.jpeg

I saw some Indiana Jones looking douche with the leather hat and all sitting in a Walmart parking lot charging his “truck”….

I can't help but think that THOSE that buy and drive these electric turds are absolutely doing it to appear cutting edge or sensitive to the environment.
I suspect the owners may rate HIGH on the test in this thread:

Are you a narcissist?

Apparently they rust pretty quickly if the body panels aren't meticulously maintained. Some review videos on YT that are pretty hilarious, not very practical for doing actual truck things. Plus you get that characteristic Tesla bad build quality, and recently they had a recall on all of them for the accelerator pedal sticking. It's just a novelty for tech bros and rich people who like to show off having the "newest and coolest" thing. Aside from looking like it came out of a 1990s PlayStation game.

I just looked, and evidently the body on those trucks is made from stainless steel. IF Tesla advertised them as "Made with Stainless steel, so your body will never rust", then Tesla could be looking at a massive class action lawsuit. If they were smart enough to just say, "The body is made from stainless steel", then they may be OK.

I saw two car haulers yesterday with the new super ugly electric trucks. How do you get the doors to open? They don't look like they can haul much. The design looks like a child designed it.

So what's "truck" about it? Is it open in the back somehow?

well guys, all these EV owners want to save the world right? Why do they all need more than 90HP? It's a waste of electic power....
By the way, the shut down here in my country of nuclear power plants and the need for more electric power, raised my bill of the electric goverment 50%.

So what's "truck" about it? Is it open in the back somehow?
Agreed. My Daily Driver is a Honda Ridgeline (gets much better mileage than any of my 1/2 & 3/4 ton trucks for my 40+ mile commute), and it probably has more "truck-like" features and abilities than that Tesla.

But I never refer to my Ridgeline as a truck.

Last edited:
-
Back