I screwed up didn't I ??

-

yooper822

Joe Roberts
Reaction score
Ok, so I got the engine dropped in tonight. No to bad,... a couple scuffs on the firewall. Guess I can handle that.

Here is the issue, The car isnt sitting right. The drivers side is high and the suspension is pretty tight with very little droop while the passenger side has plenty of droop. I initially tightened the torsion screws both even with the bottom of the control arm.

I have rod 889 in the driver side and 888 in the passenger side, I have a feeling I have them on the wrong sides.
can any one comfirm that for me?
Thanks

252920_2134735612224_1361076797_2538519_2419171_n.jpg

The leaning tower of power will do that. You'll need to set the ride height with the engine in place. Actually, even the driver and the battery effect weight distribution.
As for where the bars belong, they should have L and R on them.

Went out and threw the manifolds on and added the battery, did a little cranking on the adjuster screws and feel better about the stance now. I guess it threw me for a loop initially but looks like it's going to be good to go!
Thanks for the help.

is that cc1 frost blue? or white? looks like my engine bay. we need more pictures though!

The blue is 2003 ford Desert Sky Blue
(CZ)

I have tried to take pictures but it looks washed out whether I use the flash or not. It also has a very fine silver metalic in it that looks pretty good when the sun is on it.

I'll get a few more pictures up tomorrow I've got stuff on back order to finish up the engine compartment. The next thing on the list is to strip the windshield frame and the roof. and get it in paint so I can get the windshield and dash back in it.

Like hinted at. Adjusting ride height needs to be done after the car is together or with weight in the car..

Yeah, I got that. I was a little freaked out initially and had to at least do something to make me feel better about how it was sitting. All good now :thumrigh:

Factory bars.
Last number even =Right side
Last number odd =Left side

You did good.

Once you get everything together and running, static set the front end. The alignment shop can take care of the rest. After is sits for a bit the bars will settle some don't worry too much.

Once you get everything together and running, static set the front end. The alignment shop can take care of the rest. After is sits for a bit the bars will settle some don't worry too much.

Yeah, I figured as much. I didn't really think about the 6 and more weight being on the passenger side. I've got a long way to go here before I get it set up and ready for alignment. I'm pretty happy to have the engine back in it though. Definately a step in the right direction!

I know, it was a cheap 2.50 part to at least get something in there. I'll get a metal one in the when it's time to fire it up.:thumrigh:

Actually there good to use for first fire up (can see if your getting gas) then replace after she's fired up.

Thanks for all the kind words on how it looks. Unfortunately the flip side is the military in me is kicking in and I want it to be perfect........keeping focus on the original plan & making a clean driver gets hard when the military mind set kicks in. lol

is that cc1 frost blue? or white? looks like my engine bay. we need more pictures though!

I Like the plate you made to install the relays for the head lights. I had intended on doing the same mod but after seeing how you did it I think I'm going to do it the same way.

-
Back