I think I'm going to slap my 440 into my duster

-

71/340wedge

Reaction score
Kind of new here and dont really post that often, but just wondering what it would take to put my 440 into my duster. Heres what I have, 1971 plymouth duster with factory disk breaks up front and small block k-frame, power steering, 4 speed, 8 3/4 rear. My motor was just freshly rebuilt and has 440 source heads with roller rockers, street dominator intake and dyno out at 470hp and 520tq. I want to keep it looking as factory and stock looking as I can but want to go with headers. Also I want to keep my original hood on it with no scoops. Are there any headers that will work with a 4 speed? I looked over the post really quickly trying to find one simular to what I want but I see alot of fenderwell headers and lot of strip 440 big block cars. If any one can point me in the right direction that would great. It seems that Schumacher would be the best for me but if any one has other help that would great. Also can any one make me a list I what I going to have to do to get this thing in there and rolling down the road, thanks.

106_1036[1].JPG

Go with the Schumacher motor mount for a small block to a big block, you will need oil pan #187 for steering link clearance. You will have to cut part of the driverside motor mount on the K-frame. This will before oil pump clearance. If you use a high volume oil pump, on some cars I had to use one of the shims that came with the motor mounts. The transmission will mount on the rear mount with no problems, unless it is a 727 that has a different tail housing. On some 727's you will have to notch the cross member on passenger side tunnel above the tranny for clearance. Your water pump to radiator clearance will a lot smaller, so you will have to measure which fan to use. I use Schumacher headers.

70.JPG

Also in the middle of my /6 to 440 swap. 71 Scamp has front disk brakes and power steering (Federal Pump) and Air conditioning (Sanden 508s133 condensor). Has anyone kept the p/s and a/c when performing this swap??? Curious what set up will work to fit all these accessories. What brackets and pulleys work? Thanks for any advise

-
Back