i want THESE heads (brodix)

-

green67cuda

Reaction score
i just found these:
http://www.flatlanderracing.com/headsbrodixb1bs.html

the b1bs seems to be the perfect head for me.....maybe....

i am wanting to go aluminum for weight reduction, but all the aluminum heads have larger chambers...78cc or bigger, which wouldn't give me enough CR to offset being aluminum.....

however, with the b1bs heads having a 65cc chamber, that'd put me over 10:1 to go well with the .509 cam, right???

what do you all know about them??

and they're only $1930 a pair

I have a set I am trying to use on my 383/431. I need the small chambers. Problem is the chambers are very wide with the big valves. The bore will have to be notched for me. I don't know what you are using them on.

mine's a 400 with a .509 cam and torker intake

i'm planning on replacing the 452 heads with something to give me more CR, installing the converter, and putting in TTIs all at the same time

Thats a pretty serious head. It also uses alot of special parts I think.You'd be beter of with a Edelbrock or Indy SR head and either mil them or swap pistons.

B1-BS doesn't use a lot of special parts.
You need to see if your headers will work, also a problem with Eddys I think.
Different plugs, Eddys too?
B1-BS should be 65cc, Eddys need lots of work just to get to 70cc.
B1-BS and Eddys both use internal oiling.
B1-BS needs a few different studs. If buying new no big deal, if you have a set they sell a partial kit for the different ones.

My only problem is the huge valves make the chamber wide for my "small" bore engine. On a 400 this should not be a problem.

Cool I thought the B1BS were like the other B1 heads. Thats not to bad. Eddies wont need a differant header though. The SRs will because of the raised exhaust ports.

What size valves are in the BS heads ?

AdamR said:
Cool I thought the B1BS were like the other B1 heads. Thats not to bad. Eddies wont need a differant header though. The SRs will because of the raised exhaust ports.

What size valves are in the BS heads ?

Aren't the spark plugs angled on the Eddys too? This can interfere with some headers.
B1BS valves are 2.200 and 1.810.

-
Back