I was "318", when 318 wasn't cool......

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
It was 340 or Big block, then it was 340/360 or big block, then it was 340/360/Stroker or big block. Now in the last couple of years, 318 builds, 318 youtube videos are everywhere just for the clicks and even a 318 fest!!..... Ya'll remember, " I was 318, when 318 wasn't cool......" :D :D :D

I never knew 318s weren't cool.
Maybe cos you're a closet ford guy, but come on, ma mopar brought us the poly engine (yes, also in 318, ironically) the 340, the Sixpacks, 3 generations of hemis...and even the indestructible slantie

In that line up, the 318 is basically a K car
Sure, it saw ma mopar through some hard times, but cool?

Nah

Cool... depends on what is available, what is affordable, and how old you are!??
Right now the stable is mostly early B bodies. The 62 Dart 330 and 64 Belvedere More doors... scream poly, slant and /or 318 LA is cool. BUT the 64 post Savoy says give me a big block, any big block Jackass!!! Especially since I found those brand new Jeep CJ Jeep NEW buckets that are so much A100 look a likes for so darn cheap!!!!!! It also says, Hey Jackass why not a seond gen. Hemi. I told him $$$$$$$$$ ya fool!!!!

Maybe cos you're a closet ford guy, but come on, ma mopar brought us the poly engine (yes, also in 318, ironically) the 340, the Sixpacks, 3 generations of hemis...and even the indestructible slantie

Nah

So the 273 BECAME the 318. The 318 BECAME the 340. 340 BECAME the 360. And you don't think the 318 is cool? dumbass.

So the 273 BECAME the 318. The 318 BECAME the 340. 340 BECAME the 360. And you don't think the 318 is cool? dumbass.

compared to the other engines ma mopar made?

nope

but feel free to spin it however you want

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

compared to the other engines ma mopar made?

nope

ATTACH=full]1715724321[/ATTACH]

View attachment 1715724320
Couldn't ya buy a mopar with a 2.6 mitsibussshhi, 2.2 K-car with timing belt/head gaskets blow'n, 3.7 V6, 4.7's, I think I can name a few Ma Mopar would rather me not mention... LOL I think a 318 looks pretty cool compared to them :) But rather they be cool or not, they are "Hip" right now :D Instead of thousands on a 408, you coulda had a 318 and been "hip". :poke:
=7Ye6sJJsNgAMCw&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwallpoper.com%2fimages%2f00%2f06%2f78%2f72%2fcool-dude_00067872.jpg

Nah
Thought Chrysler bought the slant 6 design from General Motors. I could be wrong. But thought I read that somewhere.

Thought Chrysler bought the slant 6 design from General Motors. I could be wrong. But thought I read that somewhere.
they might have, but if they did it was before my time

they might have, but if they did it was before my time
I know that the reason for the slant was to obtain a lower hood and fender line. But the old slantie is a very reliable engine. I’ve seen it in everything from gensets to combines

I know that the reason for the slant was to obtain a lower hood and fender line. But the old slantie is a very reliable engine. I’ve seen it in everything from gensets to combines

it is very similar to what VW did with their VR and W line of engines, figure out a way to get as much engine in as little engine bay as possible

and yes, they are considered nearly indestructible

someone once said that after a nuclear apocalypse all that would be left would be cockroaches driving slant 6 darts

-
Back