idle jet fuel consumption.

-

JustUseLinux

Reaction score
On a 225 slant six engine, with a stock standard carburetor, on a 1965 Dodge Dart 270, your suppose to unscrew the idle jet two turns. How much fuel does the idle jet consume per minute ?

I know that I might not be able to be precise, but I'd like a rough estimate as close as possible. Thanks.

I can't answer your question unfortunately, but 2 turns isn't a hard and fast rule.

When you adjust idle mixture, your goal is to obtain the highest idle speed and correspondingly the highest vacuum reading. That may be 1-1/2 turns out, 2 turns out, 2-1/2 or anywhere in between.The 2 turns thing is a ballpark to get the engine to start after overhauling the carb.

Really? Dude.......

If you want laser ballparking, get an wideband a/f... Anything else is a setup for over thought answers that lead you to a semi-conclusion..

I can't answer your question unfortunately, but 2 turns isn't a hard and fast rule.

When you adjust idle mixture, your goal is to obtain the highest idle speed and correspondingly the highest vacuum reading. That may be 1-1/2 turns out, 2 turns out, 2-1/2 or anywhere in between.The 2 turns thing is a ballpark to get the engine to start after overhauling the carb.

That's it boys and girls, and all that needs said. :D

:)
10 gallons.
Really? I could've sworn it was 10.1384528263784957392......
Seriously? You either have too much time on your hands and like
doing math,or... ..measure out precisely 1 gal. of your fave petrol in
a small can, run a hose from the can to your fuel pump. Put it on a
a scale(sensitive as poss.) and let the car idle for an hour zactly. do
the math, fuel is approx. 6.7#, but you should weigh YOUR gal. of
petrol by a B4 & after of your can.It won't be much, so you may do
2 hrs. & /2 etc.

Well, I can tell you this, If it's not enough gas and the car won't take gear, it will get exactly 0 miles per gallon. That's; Zero mpg. So you might as well shut it off, and get the same Zero mpg but save a tankful of gas.

So what's the real question?

-
Back