I'm TELLIN ya these K member dollies!!!!

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Got the "fail" rebuilt

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=345560

"dropped" the slant out of the Scamp

IMG_0174cs_zpsamfiai6e.jpg

And then this morning (sold the slant late yesterday on CL) screwed the K member back in so it will roll

When I pulled the K, and put it back, I did not even have to loosen or remove the column!!! Just worked the coupler on/ off

IMG_0177cs_zpsjfubs8yy.jpg

I built this "plenty tall" so I could get a cherry picker underneath if need be, but you also need room to get under the car. I would not want it any shorter

IMG_0178cs_zps5aqgczjv.jpg

"Wenched" it back on the trailer

IMG_0183cs_zpskppat6ik.jpg

Took about 2 hours all told this morning.

The muscular effort and headaches this has saved is well worth it. You don't risk banging up the sheet metal with "a slip of the hoist" and you don't need to touch the hood. "You guys collectively" nudged me to do this. I originally built this so I can get the black 67 back together. I just don't understand why it took me so long, LOL

I can well understand that my dolly won't work well for say, rear tires on the ground, lifting the front of the body. You would want the rear of the dolly lower, maybe the whole thing. But I'm doing this on my hoist. !!MAN!! This is slick

Whatcha doin w the scamp. It looks like a nice project car

For the moment it's "reposing" at the estate property. Something I missed when I bought it is a huge rust-hole in the driver side front frame rail. Only thing that makes sense is that it was parked in a hole with a flat tire, etc, for a period of time. Other than the lower quarters, there is no other significant rust on the car.

My main purpose with the dolly is when/ if I live long enough to get the "Black Menace" back together. I DID (after all the junk yard nonsense) start cleaning out the shed AGAIN today, where the new engine is sitting

Had a "downer" of a day. I feel like jet lag. Had to stop and nap before noon today. Felt better this aft. Nice and cool today, as well

Smooth..... :glasses7:

[ame]https://youtu.be/zjRRgAYWnUA[/ame]

-
Back