-
Status
Not open for further replies.

OL DODGE

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I have my x heads being rebuilt and it's come down to reassembly time and I get the dreadded phone call-from a reputable engine shop -"hey one of your MP valve springs is missing an inner damper spring". Now the thing is that I bought these springs all new in their little individual boxes off ebay a while (like over a year) ago and this number is no longer available from MP . so NOW WHAT? Anybody got one?
Thanks!
Bill

I have a few old MP springs. What are the dimensions of the inner you are looking for? Uninstalled height, wire thickness, inside spring opening diameter?

Thank you for your help! I originally googled the part # and went down the line order after order they said part is N/A so I appreciate the other sources. I'm looking forward to getting the heads back and swapped in time for Spring.

Monicatti:no ,Year one:no, Mopar America:no ,Factory Chyrsler Parts:no ,east Coast Mopar:no,Summit:no,Jegs:no, Mopar One:no,

I did!!! And so far(Tuesday) I haven't got the "OH I'm so sorry....." e-mail so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I ordered it 1/2/16. I keep cussin' myself for buying that set of springs and not checking them ALL out in the first place......lesson learned!

Sounds like the best thing to do is get the specs off the spring and get a whole set of Comps that are equivalent. It sucks to do but valve springs are cheap and getting some that you can actually get replacements for will be a big help.

Daves69- Thank you for the tip-the Chicago Connection came thru for me-send me your address and I'll send you a 6 pack!( The beverage not the induction system).

OL DODGE, happy to help where I can. Thanks for the "Thank you"! As far as the 6 pack offer, I do appreciate it but it's not necessary.

I do have a question for ya'. Did they really have 82 of them?

I don't know as I placed the order "shot gun" style- I ordered from several places at one time after hours and just waited and they were the only one s that sent me a tracking # and order confirmation. My reasoning at that point was a) if they are that hard to get and I get one extra ,so what -and b) I want my doggone heads done already! Even though it's winter(41 degrees in Ohio in January-WTF?)) ,I'm still working on it. Again though, I appreciate all the help in finding this rascal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back