In tank fuel pump

-
I ran an in tank pump from TanksInc. Its a bypass system ...I am running a carb but if I decide to go EFI, all I have to do is change the regulator.

I’m planning on running the factory Ram sending unit in my stock tank, but I’ll be swapping my 5.9 back to factory mpfi.

I looked at late 90s Cherokee tank when my son had one. I saw how it could fit very well if I changed the trunk floor, deleted the spare tire well. This jeep was a six cylinder build with a single line from pump to engine. This regulator dumps excess fuel right there inside the tank. Question was would it deliver enough fuel for my 273 ? I'll never know. Good luck to all.

I looked at late 90s Cherokee tank when my son had one. I saw how it could fit very well if I changed the trunk floor, deleted the spare tire well. This jeep was a six cylinder build with a single line from pump to engine. This regulator dumps excess fuel right there inside the tank. Question was would it deliver enough fuel for my 273 ? I'll never know. Good luck to all.
I bought one out of a late 90s Cherokee as well to put in my Duster when I put the factory efi back on my 5.9. Like you said, I’ll cut out the spare well (tires don’t fit in there anyway) and I might even have to raise the trunk floor a few inches so the tank don’t hang so low. That’s why I’m wanting to see pics of how @MoparDan440 did his. If I end up not being happy with the result, I’ll get a Mustang or Charger tank and cut a hole and install a pump in it.

I cut out the spare and welded in a flat trunk floor. I made a brace underneath and mounted the straps to that.

20200703_191327.jpg

20200703_191317.jpg

I have a tanks Inc tank with a in tank fuel pump and sender. No cutting required. Very easy.

I also have FItech EFI, tho

How did you hook up the fuel filler on that Cherokee tank?

I used a barracuda gas cap, stock filler tube, and exhaust tube for a better angle. The dorman filler gasket just needs a 2/5/16 hole drilled in the top of the tank. I melted the stock filler holes closed.

20200704_111310.jpg

-
Back