Indy heads

-

woody30

woody30
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of the Indy LA X cast iron heads?? Better than Edelbrocks??

Better? Not really. The are 2X heavier, I can tell you that. The quality control and casting quality is not all that great, standard Indy fair there. Prepped out and re-worked they make good power, just freaking heavy. They weigh more than a stock BBM head.

Better? Not really. The are 2X heavier, I can tell you that. The quality control and casting quality is not all that great, standard Indy fair there. Prepped out and re-worked they make good power, just freaking heavy. They weigh more than a stock BBM head.

100% x2.
but be prepared for all kinds of arguements...lol.

100% x2.
but be prepared for all kinds of arguements...lol.

I want to lay down some green , but I can't decide if the " cast iron is better because a. the factories used it b. It's stronger or c. aluminum is for race cars " .......... or the " they are much cheaper " argument raises it's ugly head first. :D

Talk to your builder and arrive at a plan that fits YOUR budget and YOUR plan. There is no overall "best" in my opinion. It's all very individualistic.

Aluminum heads are better then iron. Disburse cylinder temp better so you can run more timing with pump gas.

I like the Eddys. Much lighter and more potential for HP IMO. Personally I haven't seen anyone do anything amazing with the iron Indy heads. I'd like to hear how fast some have been with these heads. Don't get me wrong they are a good piece. Just better suited for 400-500ish HP builds.

-
Back