Inflatable hot tub?

-

j par

Well-hung Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have one of these or have you ever tried one?...
Screenshot_20200916-100421.png

cant say that i have
i do have a regular 2 person hot tub...and i need a 15 person hot tub once funds become available

so you are wondering if this will hold up?

i guess the extra temperature and chemicals make this different from regular inflatable pools

cant say that i have
i do have a regular 2 person hot tub...and i need a 15 person hot tub once funds become available

so you are wondering if this will hold up?

i guess the extra temperature and chemicals make this different from regular inflatable pools
Yes of course wondering if it will hold up as the cost is affordable. There's thousands of reviews so it would seem like a few people have tried them...

well, where are you gonna put it?
what is affordable?
how much are you thinking of using it?

me and the wife get in ours 2 or 3 times a week...and that number goes up as outside temps go down

If you try it, I would recommend putting a nice heavy duty tarp under it. Might help protect the bottom. As for the tub, I know somebody that had a Walmart brand and really liked it.

Actually got one last week. I put down to 4 by 8 sheets of that three-quarter inch foam board... We have used it every day if not once at least twice a couple times three times... We absolutely love it... price was just a little under 900 to start but after you buy a few things you're usually at 950... I was just seeing if anybody else had one and what they thought of it?
Of course at this point the number one question is longevity...
We have a covered concrete patio...

i got foamboard under neath my hot tub, to keep the sound down
(the pump used to vibrate a little, more like a humm, that i could hear downstairs)

i think that an the concrete flooring will protect the bottom
my real question would be...how does the outside hold up to the freezing cold?

and that brings up something else
imagine you're a rodent and your outside in the freezing Oregon winter
so what do you look for?
a nice warm place where you burrow into and survive the winter

now picture a plastic tub full of 102 degrees hot water sitting on a soft little foundation of chewable foam

i think that may be a serious threat to your longevity there

i got foamboard under neath my hot tub, to keep the sound down
(the pump used to vibrate a little, more like a humm, that i could hear downstairs)

i think that an the concrete flooring will protect the bottom
my real question would be...how does the outside hold up to the freezing cold?

and that brings up something else
imagine you're a rodent and your outside in the freezing Oregon winter
so what do you look for?
a nice warm place where you burrow into and survive the winter

now picture a plastic tub full of 102 degrees hot water sitting on a soft little foundation of chewable foam

i think that may be a serious threat to your longevity there
I've never noticed any kind of rodent problem around here. Could have something to do with the cat and three dogs.. that and US using it every day I would have a hard time seeing that but who knows time will tell...
It holds a pretty steady hundred and four degrees and the instructions pretty much don't want you to have it under 40. I have built a 4x8 turn around and do plan on building a top for it as well... All of which I was thinking of gluing or stapling that quarter inch foam board on for insulation...
First I want to see if it lasts more than a couple weeks LOL...

I have one. Not a "Coleman", but looks identical. Works as advertised. Water cools down faster than a fiberglass tub, but other than that, it does the job.

nice set up
but i could really see critters getting in there, if they make it past the guards

just something to keep in mind

considering what my daughters cat did to my last car cover, i hope it doesn't start thinking of it as the new scratching post
Our cat is way too fat to jump that 4-foot wall and are three dogs ain't letting any other cat in here..

Welcome!
If you would like to chat about it PM me a phone number.
We got it just to see if we would use it enough to buy a "real" one :lol:

Welcome!
If you would like to chat about it PM me a phone number.
We got it just to see if we would use it enough to buy a "real" one :lol:
I'm okay with keeping it out here...
It's a good conversation for people to see if they're thinking about it. Really the same thing we're always wanting one but the question runs in our head if we spend 5 to 10K would we use it enough? what's it like to service and take care of?
But of course with this inflatable one are question mostly is how long will it last. It does have a one year warranty on most things and I signed up for the extra six months of warranty online...
It's just my wife and I so no kids will be playing in it so it should get treated very gently. I'm hoping to make some kind of insulated surround so we can use it in the winter time. That seems to be the time when most people like them when it's cold outside. It says in the instructions not to use it below 40 degrees but I believe a lot of that is they don't want you to set it up and expect it to get up to 104 in below 40 degree weather. And also the obvious it freezing...

Friends in high school had a very similar one. If I remember right it lasted them about 7 years. Out of the sun and rarely freezing temps (min of 28-30, no "hard" freezes). The insulation was good, but a decent cover made a huge difference in heat retention. Wind protection of course helps too.

When they finally tossed it, the reason was mold/algea (and frogs) from non use, not from wear or failure. Ymmv.

Based on my experience with glass tubs, I'd keep the chemicals to a minimum. We tried to maintain a "normal" chlorine range and wound up with lots of wear on all plastics and the cover. Then we decided to just barely maintain the chlorine with only occasional shocks and bleach to keep a low residual level and then the wear ceased and hasn't gotten worse.

Biggest challenge we had with our glass tub was residual laundry detergent in bathing suits causing foam/froth. We stopped using soap with the suits and low dose bleach only, and the froth disappeared. Making sure bathers are clean ahead of time and not slathered in makeup (teenage girls are were the worst) keeps the water clear for a very long time.

Just my experience..

Friends in high school had a very similar one. If I remember right it lasted them about 7 years. Out of the sun and rarely freezing temps (min of 28-30, no "hard" freezes). The insulation was good, but a decent cover made a huge difference in heat retention. Wind protection of course helps too.

When they finally tossed it, the reason was mold/algea (and frogs) from non use, not from wear or failure. Ymmv.

Based on my experience with glass tubs, I'd keep the chemicals to a minimum. We tried to maintain a "normal" chlorine range and wound up with lots of wear on all plastics and the cover. Then we decided to just barely maintain the chlorine with only occasional shocks and bleach to keep a low residual level and then the wear ceased and hasn't gotten worse.

Biggest challenge we had with our glass tub was residual laundry detergent in bathing suits causing foam/froth. We stopped using soap with the suits and low dose bleach only, and the froth disappeared. Making sure bathers are clean ahead of time and not slathered in makeup (teenage girls are were the worst) keeps the water clear for a very long time.

Just my experience..
yes I don't expect any extremely hard freezes here and if we do have bad weather I mean really bad in the winter it only lasts a week or two and I could at that point empty it and deflate it and bring it inside...
I appreciate the heads-up on the chemical treatment.. I had in my mind that these spa places are trying to sell chemicals to keep their doors open LOL..

How thick is the material? Is it something a cat could easily puncture?

-
Back