Information on Wilwood Disc Kit

-

'Cause

need lots of parts
Reaction score
Has anyone gone to the disc kit by Wilwood (140-15468-DR) And have any opinion.
Wilwood Disc Brakes - Front Brake Kit Part No: 140-15468-DR

My Scamp has the 'factory' disc's from a '73.
I have ordered the Wilwood 'Big Brake Kit Forged Dynalite' for the front, with the SS Braided 18" Lines.

I was curious if anyone else has gone this way? They are suppose to go directly on the 'stock' spindles, do they? any opinions?

Seems like a lot of brake questions lately asking all the same questions.

The wilwood kit uses the stock spindles, no issues. The biggest problem by far is that the wilwood hub has a 3.1” hub register. That means it will not work with any factory or OE replica steel wheel. None of them. So if you want to run factory looking wheels, you can’t use the wilwood brakes.

Also, most aftermarket wheels have a 73mm hub bore. Those will also not work. Or at least not without modification. There are a couple aftermarket wheels with a hub bore large enough, but that 3.1” hub bore requirement significantly reduces your wheel choices. Those are just the facts, Wilwood publishes that data.

ds1307_wcd-lg.jpg

They also do not include the brake hoses you need, they’re like an extra $80 on top of the cost of the kit.

Personally, and this is my opinion, the wilwood kits are significantly overpriced for what they are in both form and function. Wilwood would frankly be my last choice for aftermarket brake kits.

im looking to upgrade my 74 duster with more stopping power. runs deep 10's at 130 mph and its time for upgrade. any feedback on the aerospace stuff? looking to take more weight off of front also. thanks,motorcitymagnum

-
Back