Inner rear quarter pannel??

-

Sublime69

Reaction score
I have a 69 Dart and i want to know if anyone has modified the rear inner quarter pannel?? I want to smooth out the part where it bulges out to clear my tires.

Thanks

Are talking where the qtr panel meets the inner outer fenderwell? the 2 panels that meet at the lip?I`ve mintubbed my inner wheel wells for tire clearance,about 3".If the outer is what you are talking about,you have only about 1/2 " before you hit the qtr panel anyway

valiantdave said:
Are talking where the qtr panel meets the inner outer fenderwell? the 2 panels that meet at the lip?I`ve mintubbed my inner wheel wells for tire clearance,about 3".If the outer is what you are talking about,you have only about 1/2 " before you hit the qtr panel anyway
i dont know of dart and dusters have the same amount of "lip" there but i am sure i have at least 1" to play with there if i remove the crome trim!

valiantdave said:

Ya, if you feel up above where the wheel well lip is is bulges out about 1/2inch. My tires are rubbing on that. Im just wondering if anyone has ponded that in or modified it?

It has all been removed from my car and replaced with tubs. (Previous owner removed, I cleaned up the job)

I think pounding on that and you will ruin the quarter real easy.I guess you are set on wheels,and tires,so I won`t go there.Ever thought of just raising the rear of car alittle,maybe get 1" over stock springs?This worked on my Valiant,when it was rubbing .Looks like you have billet wheels,is there anyway of having a machine shop take about 1/2 inch off the backside of the wheel face?

-
Back