Installing new dash wire harness in 67 dart

-

Crusty Brian

Reaction score
Dumb *** question time! I'm installing a new dash wire harness in my 67 Dart and I decided to replace the ignition switch since I'm in there. I got a new one from Laysons buttttt, the new one has an extra terminal for a ground. Will this cause any issues with the new harness? (New harness is from Year One, so it's OEM style and doesn't have a ground connection for the switch) Hamms is pointing to the original
20210127_215430.jpg

Dumb *** question time! I'm installing a new dash wire harness in my 67 Dart and I decided to replace the ignition switch since I'm in there. I got a new one from Laysons buttttt

You pulled an ignition switch out of Layson's butt???? :eek:

I had a question on one of my harnesses from Laysons. The customer service there is good.
I called and spoke to "the guy" who actually modified my harness. I forgot his name but he worked on Saturdays.
He gave me alot of phone time, and helped me out tremendously, plus he is an A body guy, and owns a few. We were able to figure out the best way to make it work with my application.
I know you are talking about the ignition switch, but the point is, they have knowledge.
You may be able to get the best approach from them, or, like Kendog says, install the additional ground and be done with it.

Last edited:
Like Mike said.... Pretend it's your wife and ignore it....

If you buy a new headlight switch it will have tang for a ground wire on it also. If there is some other application (Jeep, forklift, whatever) where the ground wire is present the same reproduction part works there too, like 1 size fits all. Add a ground wire in your application or dont is your choice.

-
Back