Instrument bezel pins

-

Hankrebel

Reaction score
So my ahmmeter, speedo and one gauge light worked on the right side.
So I decided to remove the instrument bezel and see whats going on.
Used all the tips in the forums and got it removed. In the process, I noticed a 5 pin connector that was already disconnected on the left side.
Well I found out why and probably why my gauges and lights arent working.
IMG_7005.jpg

I tried searching for anyone else with this problem but didnt get far. Anyone know the best way to fix the broken pins? I figured I could solder the ones still there but what about replacing a missing pin?
Also anyone have any suggestions for painting the needles?

Try searching circuit board pins rather than bezel pins. Search terms is the key :)
I can professionally repair them at 6 dollars per pin plus shipping.
I've got pins so the missing pin isn't a problem unless its still in the cars harness connector. I can't imagine where else it could be.

I found the missing pins and was able to solder them back into place.
Replaced all of the bulbs and sockets.
Cleaned all the connections and painted the needles.
Got everything put back together and placed back in the dash
Plugged everything in and checked gauges and they work!!

The only problem is none of the lights work?
These are brand new bulbs and sockets.
Is it maybe the headlight switch that controls the brightness of the dash lights?

The only bulb that doesn't depend on chassis ground at the panel is the park brake indicator. The dimmer rheostat that controls illumination wouldn't effect turn indicators or hi beam indicator.
I hope your problem is the panel dangling from its harness connectors and not chassis grounded.
Be forewarned... be very careful if and when you take it apart again. When those solder glued pins are pulled they will rip the copper trace right off the board.

The only bulb that doesn't depend on chassis ground at the panel is the park brake indicator. The dimmer rheostat that controls illumination wouldn't effect turn indicators or hi beam indicator.
I hope your problem is the panel dangling from its harness connectors and not chassis grounded.
Be forewarned... be very careful if and when you take it apart again. When those solder glued pins are pulled they will rip the copper trace right off the board.

Thanks for the info. I looked and found on here about the ground being the mounting screws.
YES my gauges work,including the fuel gauge!
One weird thing though. It seems the left side of the dash lights work but not the right side. Ahmeter and right turn signal work though.

Hankrebel can you elaborate on the pins solder/repair? Same problem here with one broke and another loose

-
Back