Insurance

-

Dan the man

Reaction score
Has anyone on here got their house/ car insurance bills? I got mine yesterday and for full coverage on my Colorado and the wife's taurus was $2000.00 for our house it's $2200.00. Our car insurance went up over $300, I called my agent and he said that there has been a huge increase in hail damage and wind damage to people's homes and automobiles. I pay both once a year for the best discounts.

I just paid our auto insurance, it went down, its like $1200 for three vehicles full coverage, and 5 vehicles with liability.

mine went up on 2 ram trucks and a dakota over 300 for 6 months
insurance company's are such a rip off imo that only paid 3k towards my roof with wind damage and i was responsible for the other 7500$ then they raised my rate 225$ a year on the house. damn state farm wont get my dollars anymore after the **** show they put me through.
been with them for over 12 years .

Do not try and be faithful to an insurance company. They want your money, not your loyalty. Shop around every 2-5 years, it'll save you thousands in the long run

mine went up on 2 ram trucks and a dakota over 300 for 6 months
insurance company's are such a rip off imo that only paid 3k towards my roof with wind damage and i was responsible for the other 7500$ then they raised my rate 225$ a year on the house. damn state farm wont get my dollars anymore after the **** show they put me through.
been with them for over 12 years .
Here in Missouri if your roof is over 10 years old most insurance companies are only going to pay half and once it's 20 years old they won't cover it at all. I know that the roofing contractor's are loving this

Homeowners up 11%, vehicles up 14% for my last renewal this Spring! Nationwide trend - I have had no claims for years!

They reach in your pocket because they can.
Everything is going up, all we can do is go with the flow and shop around.

Homeowners up 11%, vehicles up 14% for my last renewal this Spring! Nationwide trend - I have had no claims for years!
We haven't had a claim in over 20 years on our house or vehicles. The only claim that I've had was on my other house years ago

Has anyone on here got their house/ car insurance bills? I got mine yesterday and for full coverage on my Colorado and the wife's taurus was $2000.00 for our house it's $2200.00. Our car insurance went up over $300, I called my agent and he said that there has been a huge increase in hail damage and wind damage to people's homes and automobiles. I pay both once a year for the best discounts.
Insurance rates have been and are going through the roof. It pays to shop your policies every year with different companies. The best deal isn't always having both policies with the same company. The insurance companies have no loyalty to you as a customer, so return in kind and shop for the best rates for similar coverage.

As a side note, for our old mopars it would be a good idea to check with Hagerty or Grundy Ins if it is not a daily driver. They have good rates and I have handled claims for them both as an independent auto appraiser. They give good service and no hassle from my experience. Same can't always be said for big insurance companies with classic auto claims.

Here in Missouri if your roof is over 10 years old most insurance companies are only going to pay half and once it's 20 years old they won't cover it at all. I know that the roofing contractor's are loving this
Betterment. I'm surprised insurance companies ever paid for a 10-15 year old roof.

Insurance rates have been and are going through the roof. It pays to shop your policies every year with different companies. The best deal isn't always having both policies with the same company. The insurance companies have no loyalty to you as a customer, so return in kind and shop for the best rates for similar coverage.

As a side note, for our old mopars it would be a good idea to check with Hagerty or Grundy Ins if it is not a daily driver. They have good rates and I have handled claims for them both as an independent auto appraiser. They give good service and no hassle from my experience. Same can't always be said for big insurance companies with classic auto claims.
Thanks for the tip on classic car insurance. So far I've gotten the best quotes from a insurance company when I bundle.

:lol: Deal with it.
Wait until you need a plumber and find he raised his rate 20% over 2023 rate and another 20%-30% on parts on top, like I did. lol

Betterment. I'm surprised insurance companies ever paid for a 10-15 year old roof.
They did mine on my first house and the roof was 20 years old then. I think that the banks need to stop this bs, 10 years isn't nothing for a roof.

:lol: Deal with it.
Wait until you need a plumber and find he raised his rate 20% over 2023 rate and another 20%-30% on parts on top, like I did. lol
Another rip off. Some hvac companies charge as much as double for furnace parts when it's a weekend or holiday and that's nuts

They did mine on my first house and the roof was 20 years old then. I think that the banks need to stop this bs, 10 years isn't nothing for a roof.
What do you expect for a low cost roof.

If you don't have full replacement value on your home your shooting yourself in the foot.

-
Back