Interesting intake on Facebook tonight

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I asked the gentleman if he could post up some more pictures of this intake with better lighting and he said he would post some up tomorrow. Any of you guys ever run one of these. I think I could get some nice flow numbers out of this thing.

IMG_4464.jpeg

IMG_4465.jpeg

IMG_4466.jpeg

Pro Stock brand was a brand name that sold low quality, cheap stuff that wasn't on par with other brand names.

Their valve covers were so bad the mounting tabs cracked off if you put a little to much torque on them.

Honestly I'll bet a standard Edelbrock Performer will outperform it by a long shot.

Tom

Pro Stock brand was a brand name that sold low quality, cheap stuff that wasn't on par with other brand names.

Their valve covers were so bad the mounting tabs cracked off if you put a little to much torque on them.

Honestly I'll bet a standard Edelbrock Performer will outperform it by a long shot.

Tom

What little I can see of the plenum I kinda like it. Hopefully better pictures to.

Tom
I mean...an Edelbrock performer? That's an entry point dual plane. Probably not as good as the factory cast iron 4 barrel intake. I can't see a single plane intake under performing a dual plane (in a combo suited for a single plane)

I mean...an Edelbrock performer? That's an entry point dual plane. Probably not as good as the factory cast iron 4 barrel intake. I can't see a single plane intake under performing a dual plane (in a combo suited for a single plane)

I see parts of this intake that remind me of a Victor340 that’s why I’d like to see more pictures.

Pro Stock was decent stuff. It was a line sold exclusively by PAW (Performance Automotive Warehouse) through the 70s and 80s.

I still have an old paw catalog. Fun to flip through sometimes. I used to drool over the stuff in there lol

Pro Stock was decent stuff. It was a line sold exclusively by PAW (Performance Automotive Warehouse) through the 70s and 80s.
Pro/Stock was also sold by JC Penny, sears and several other companies in the the late 60's thru the 70's (although JC also had their own line called A/FX for a time).

you are correct though, PAW had it as their house brand for years and years.

Pro/Stock was also sold by JC Penny, sears and several other companies in the the late 60's thru the 70's (although JC also had their own line called A/FX for a time).

you are correct though, PAW had it as their house brand for years and years.
Really? Learn sumffin new everyday.

Really? Learn sumffin new everyday.
in my research, there was tale that a lot of the valve covers were the same and they only changed what the name was when cast.

while i can't verify the veracity of that, and i wasn't around then (obviously), i take that with a big grain of salt to think that weiand or MT or [insert any number of other name brand] covers would be cast together with pro/stock. the low line chain store stuff just swapping out? yeah i'd buy that.

in my research, there was tale that a lot of the valve covers were the same and they only changed what the name was when cast.

while i can't verify the veracity of that, and i wasn't around then (obviously), i take that with a big grain of salt to think that weiand or MT or [insert any number of other name brand] covers would be cast together with pro/stock. the low line chain store stuff just swapping out? yeah i'd buy that.
That makes sense. I know some of the older Weiand and Cal Custom covers looked identical sans the name.

That makes sense. I know some of the older Weiand and Cal Custom covers looked identical sans the name.
i *might* be convinced if i could hold both in my hands and inspect.... so i'll give it a maybe with a side of skeptical eyeball.

however, the cal custom covers (at least all the ones i've had) were entirely different beasts. the logo was always cast integrated into the lines at one end with breather/fill in the center.

40 year old low-grade parts are probably still better quality than the Chinese stuff on the market today....

I still really haven’t seen the plenum with good lighting.
PM’d you some, my example is pretty grungy midway through stripping what looks to be coating off of it.

I bought one of those intakes way back in the mid 70s, it wasn't too bad for what was out there at the time.

The Edelbrock parts were a bit too expensive for a kid at that time, the Pro Stock intake was much more affordable at that time. The things we learn with age! LMAO

-
Back