Interesting, these sparkplugs claims up to 12% increase in HP

-
Crap like this has been around since before I was born. I used to read mechanics/ science magazines from the '30's and '40's and this junk was in them back then. J.C. Fu**ney used to sell some sort of "flame thrower" plug, I don't remember.

This goes down the same road as hydrogen generators, intake turbonoanananators, and the rest of that tripe.

Wow a 12% increase in hp! That's make my 375 horse 360 into a 420 hp engine with just a spark plug change! Horsehockey! I know electronics pretty well and can't see how adding a capacitor inside the spark plug can make a difference. If anything it'd slow down the spark delivery because a capacitor has to charge up first then discharge it's spark. I put it in the same group with the other gimic plugs mentioned here. Just my thoughts.

It could work. Even if the horses aren't gained, mpg might be increased.

I quit falling for magic, too good to be true products they day I put STP oil treatment in my 318 valiant and blew a head gasket the next day.

Are any of the other "magic plug" companys even still around from the 80's and 90's?? I never did fall for that crap, I'll stick with my old el-cheapo Autolites.. Heck, Autolites have been around since what, 1492 or was it 1776??

Only can see it working if your conventional plugs are leaving 12% of the charge unburned. Hydrogen generators do work. Search the net and read about Ronn motor companys Scorpion.

LOL, anyone been around piston engine aircraft????

BIG power diff between running one mag and two mags.... If you could simply have two spark plugs in one....... LOL

I think they would make a 12% HP difference if the plugs they tested weren't gapped, or one was fouled...........................

I like me autolites.

LOL, anyone been around piston engine aircraft????

BIG power diff between running one mag and two mags.... If you could simply have two spark plugs in one....... LOL

I think they would make a 12% HP difference if the plugs they tested weren't gapped, or one was fouled...........................

I like me autolites.

........................... There's been OTHER engines besides aircraft that use dual plug ignition, but that is not what we are talking about here. Here we are talking about "trick" nonsense

the Motown missle, circa 1973:

http://www.allpar.com/racing/joe-pappas.html

engine.jpg

There's been stuff like fire trucks built long before I was ever born using dual plug/ dual ignition systems. These were not for horsepower, but reliability---and is the overwhelming reason on aircraft, NOT HP

IN FACT I remember reading about some of the teams running dual-plug hemi's that went back to single igniton--looked rather odd with the second plug hole plugged. At least one team found--don't remember which--that the HP gains were not worth the complications.

Here's a dual ignition on a 1918 Stutz, so nothing new here:

http://photos.aaca.org/showimage.ph...e&direction=ASC&imageuser=31139&cutoffdate=-1

These were not for horsepower, but reliability---and is the overwhelming reason on aircraft, NOT HP

You'r CORRECT, HOWEVER, if you have ever been in the air, and switched from mag to mag.......... You will notice the RPM drop..............

Dads 0470 will drop about 50RPM per mag, and 150 under full power, sure you could back off the pitch some at cruise and retain the RPM, but the full power is with a flat prop..... Thats HP.

The magic spark plugs aren't worth discussing, splitfires have been detonating for years...............

Wow, those will bump my Duster up to 573 HP. A set of those, a little Marvel Mystery Oil, one of those Cyclone deals to put in my aircleaner, and some magnets on my fuel lines and I'll see 600 easy!
Oh, and maybe some Water Wetter.

-
Back