Interior Dome Light Bulb For 68 Barracuda

-

JTG

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know the part number for the dome light bulb in a 1968 Plymouth Barracuda and is this bulb readily available.

Yayyyyyyy, it's something I can help with! :-D

The part number on my Fastback's interior light bulbs is TS 211-2. I'm not sure about availability because after almost 43 years mine still both work. Good luck with the hunt!

Hmmmm, good question!

I didn't consult the service manual. I consulted my car and just pulled one. :-D I can pull it again and post pictures if needed.

Thanks Leanne and brokengarage, both parts numbers are showing the same bulb, long cylindrical glass tube type bulb.

Verified the style of bulb I require, but not the part number yet, it looks similiar to a clear park/signal bulb, it has two contacts at the one end, one is a ground the other is for the filament. The glass head of this bulb is slightly more enlongated then an actual park/signal bulb.

Do you have a notchback or a fastback? I'm guessing a notch since you said dome light rather than lights. Might explain the difference.

Sorry Leanne, I'm working with a 68 notchback.

And maybe I should try and spell your name right, Leanna.

Is this the type of bulb you need? If so let me know and I will
make it happen.

light_Medium_.jpg

A 211 is what you need. You should be able to get one at any parts store.

Thanks Tony, but my car doesn't take the bulb you have pictured and thanks Mike but it doesn't take a 211. I would like to think what's in my car is original, I've owned it since 1988. Just to recap, its a 1968 Plymouth Barracuda Notchback, I'm working with the dome light mounted on the ceiling about my head. It will require a bulb with the two contacts on the same end, not opposite ends like a 211. My dome light takes something more along the lines of a 1134 bulb without the large head but more enlongated. I can't see any indication that the setup in my car is not original, there has to be someone else with a notchback using the same dome light. Lesson of the day, don't misplace stuff you remove from your car, not even a bulb.

-
Back