Interior door panel installation

-

cuda12

Reaction score
Help please :) Hey gang. I ordered two 72 door panels for my sons 71 dart. They didnt offer 71 panels so I ordered 72 and they said they'd fit. Questions are:

1. They didnt come cut or punched out for the holes for the door handle, arm rest etc... The holes are "perforated" so how do I cut them out without damaging the material/pattern/vinyl? What tools do you use etc...

2. Unfortunately, (and I never thought to inquire about), but the "clips" that secure the panel to the holes in the door are not attached/mounted. Do I need to buy a set of clips or can I use the ones on the "original/damaged" door panels I'll be replaceing with these new ones?

Any detailed instructions and adviced would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Joe

I would reuse attaching clips rather than buy new of the same inless they are terribley rusted. As for cutting the holes, I usually cut a small cross in the vynil, punch out those perforated sections and fold the vynil inward. Where I've needed to make holes where there are no perforations I use a small piece of pipe ground sharp and an hammer over a piece of wood as a cutter

Redfish, thank you SO much. Got the car back today from the stereo installation joint so we can work on it this weekend. Bad news is its suppose to dump a lot of rain this weekend :( I'll let ya know how it all turns out or better yet post a pick :)

-
Back